PDA

View Full Version : where to train spain or america

paulryan1990
9th Jun 2011, 15:21
hi all
i have monocular vision but have managed to get a FAA class 1 and a caa class 2

as part of my caa medical i have to do a medical flight test before solo
as part of my FAA medical i have to do a SODA during my skills test.

i am torn between going to flyeft in florida and doing a FAA ppl and a JAA ppl at the same time or just go to spain and do a caa ppl.

i am worried that if i go to Florida and the medical flight tets cannot be arranged it will be a expensive holiday, where as if i go to spain im only a ryanair flight from home but i don't get my faa license.

(FAA mft is done by a specific examiner has to be booked 3 months in advance)
(caa mft can be done by any instructor)

can anyone recommend any schools in spain ? are fly-in-spain.com any good?

Wassim.bk
11th Jun 2011, 02:48
Hi there Paul , I just read your post and I think I have the right answer for you. Well I m in the same situation , for the past 4 months I looked everywhere for a good flying school , with suitable price for self sponsored students .And finally I chose Panamedia FTO , in Palma de mallorca Spain. Integrated ATPL course with 200 real flying hours +150 simulator +MCC course , with 60 000 euros. they have 30 years experience with aviation field ,great instructors and a very good ground installations. This is their website panamedia.org , take a look and ask for Manuel, just tell him Wassim sent me and he will take good care of you.. good luck , and if you need any help just feel free to ask. adios

paulryan1990
11th Jun 2011, 08:02
thanks for that. i will give them a look. thanks again

BigGrecian
11th Jun 2011, 16:09
Hi there Paul , I just read your post and I think I have the right answer for you. Well I m in the same situation , for the past 4 months I looked everywhere for a good flying school , with suitable price for self sponsored students .And finally I chose Panamedia FTO , in Palma de mallorca Spain. Integrated ATPL course with 200 real flying hours +150 simulator +MCC course , with 60 000 euros. they have 30 years experience with aviation field ,great instructors and a very good ground installations. This is their website panamedia.org , take a look and ask for Manuel, just tell him Wassim sent me and he will take good care of you.. good luck , and if you need any help just feel free to ask. adios

Could you be any more obvious with the blatant advertising? That post deserves reporting.

And I honestly don't think you read the original post regarding his medical situation which makes his situation a little more unique....

paulryan1990
11th Jun 2011, 16:15
i think you may be right, that reply didn't really answer my question, was just advertising.
at the moment im torn between Florida, Spain and France

kaptn
11th Jun 2011, 18:39
Come back to the orinigal question....US is what I recomand..I have't train in Spain, but JAA in the US can be not only cheaper, but good in terms of englush and training quality...For the medical, I have keratoconus in my side

paulryan1990
11th Jun 2011, 19:29
thanks for the reply kaptn. whats putting me off the american route is you need a faa medical and a jaa medical.
i have both but both require medical flight tests to be valid for solo flight.
the jaa MFT can be done by any examiner while the faa one needs to be done by a supervisor examiner, this can take 3 months to book. im worried that there are too many pieces of a complex jigsaw to come together and if everything does not work out it will be a expensive holiday.
i must compliment eft in florida they have been very accommodating.

paulryan1990
11th Jun 2011, 20:06
hi socall app. we did have a discussion in a previous thread. you may be right i have no rights to work in America, i was going to get it to keep my options open as it is fairly straightforward to do at the same time as the caa ppl. but then again what use is it to me :ugh:
i have saved every penny i have earned over the last 5 years for the training and i want to do it right first time.
my recent idea is i have the right to work/live in NZ and Australia. australlia allow functionally monocular pilots to obtain a class 1.
but for the time being a CAA ppl is what i want to do in the next few months.

Wassim.bk
11th Jun 2011, 23:03
big grecian ,
I just want to know whats your problem with my post?? I don t think I was advertising for any FTO , I just wanted to help , since I already applied for Panamedia and I took a look around their installations and I had a little chat with many of their instructors. Anyway , sorry Paul for any misunderstanding , and I wish you best of luck. adios

bfisk
12th Jun 2011, 07:45
Just one major question to the OP:

You are aware of the fact that without a JAA class 1 medical, you will not be able to fly commercially in Europe? You are indeed looking for a PPL only, aren't you??

paulryan1990
12th Jun 2011, 09:50
thanks for all your comments. i am aware the class 2 is just for ppl use. and for now this will have to do.
sorry if you were not underhandedly advertising the school and thanks for your input wassim.bk and best of luck with the course

just found a school in France that looks promising.