PDA

View Full Version : Main Rotor Stands

Keepitup
9th Jun 2011, 14:57
Hey All,

Need assistance, need to try and get hold of some Main rotor blade stands.
I have seen the Fir tree style on the internet, but can't find them now. Required for multiple blade storage, but not sure who sells them, any ideas ?

to be used with R22 and A109 Blades.

Regards

Keepitup

Pandalet
9th Jun 2011, 15:56
I guess this would be for some sort of maintenance setup? Could you not knock something up out of timber? It's essentially a series of racks, probably covered in felt or some other anti-ding material, right? This would be even easier if you had a conveniant wall to bolt the whole lot to.

Or am I misunderstanding what you're looking for?

RotaryWingB2
9th Jun 2011, 16:58
I agree, make your own.

tony 1969
9th Jun 2011, 18:44
or alternatively find a local blacksmith/Fabrication shop for the metal ones.
a joinery shop for the wooden ones
I am sure they will appreciate the business and a tailor made option too.

spinwing
9th Jun 2011, 23:09
Mmmm ...

AND ... try to get the thing fitted with good fully castoring (with brakes) wheelset ... its really so much easier to bring the blade rack to/from the machine then risk damage by carrying awkward\heavy blade sets to a wall mounted rack.

:ok:

unstable load
12th Jun 2011, 06:14
Another idea is if you have a spare bit of wall available is to make up a rack that is bolted/welded to the side of the building and the blades stack into that. Out of the way, compact, tidy.

topendtorque
12th Jun 2011, 10:50
You could always use a couple of old "plonking racks" after the users have passed on. There was a photograph which I can't seem to copy that went with it, an old codger flat out on a lazy boy, glass of plonk stashed between his legs.

A new craze has been invented – it’s called “plonking”. You plonk yourself down in a chair with a glass of plonk and get someone to take your photograph. Apparently it’s a real hit with the over 60’s.

Helinut
12th Jun 2011, 10:57
If you have a suitable wall, you can even use ladder storage brackets. Many of them come with suitably soft foam surfaces.

500e
12th Jun 2011, 15:11
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-F9tA1Sz-PpM/TfTWfJMtmVI/AAAAAAAAABw/Eh19ey84_mU/s640/DSCF0756.JPG

Sent Pm.
We can make what you want wall, floor, or trolley style,