PDA

View Full Version : Scheduled Aircraft Information

easyJet Jack
8th Jun 2011, 16:24
Hi Guys

I'm sure this had been answered before, however I can't seem to find it.

I love the trip reports on sites such as airliners.net, however I always see people mentioning things like "it was scheduled to be G-EZAP A319" however when it got to the gate it was an A320 G-EZTC" something along the lines of that.

I was just wondering where you get this information from e.g. which aircraft will be doing which sectors etc. I know you can often go on the airlines website and check the type but I'm talking specifics. This would be great if I could come into this info.

Look forward to your replies.

Cheers eJJ ;)

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
8th Jun 2011, 17:40
There may well be a site with such information but be warned that aircraft can change almost up to boarding time..... even by type, let alone registration!

Shrimps
8th Jun 2011, 17:57
I suspect a lot comes from friends in the know, or contacts within the industry. Some people may ask at checkin or steal a glance at an ops computer (or fly through FRA where you can get the ops info from passenger info terminals).

Also, some spotter groups (such as 'manchesterspotters2' on Yahoo) have people involved who may provide such information on request; or can provide an expected aircraft based on observed operational patterns; online services such as flightradar24 can be an aid to this.

In short, lots of ways and no single answer!

LN-KGL
8th Jun 2011, 23:08
There is only one place on the web I know of that display planned aircraft to be used, and that is the Schiphol (AMS) website - Schiphol - Departures (http://www.schiphol.com/Travellers/FlightInformation/Departures.htm)
If you click on Details you may find the aircraft type and the registration. As Heathrow Director says, the individuals may change up to boarding time due tech or delayed arrival of planned aircraft or you never know what.