PDA

View Full Version : CX Participates in the Dolphin Slave Trade

SMOC
8th Jun 2011, 12:00
CX freight terminal apparently not the A/C.

The six dolphins were kept in the trucks until about 2:00 pm when their crates were moved into the Cathay Pacific cargo handling facility at Kansai

Cathay Pacific Airlines Participates in the Dolphin Slave Trade - Sea Shepherd (http://www.seashepherd.org/news-and-media/news-110607-1.html)

Basil
8th Jun 2011, 15:03
Perhaps Paul Watson of Sea Shepherd will build an attack aircraft to thwart animal freighters in the same manner as the trimaran, Ady Gil, attempted to interfere with Japanese whaling.

I note he's been married three times which does confirm my belief that greens/animal rights etc are good for pulling chicks :ok:

Air Profit
8th Jun 2011, 16:48
This deeply distresses me. As an avid scuba diver, and someone who really loves the oceans and it's inhabitants, the thought of the distress these poor creatures endured is appalling. I would ask our management to cease and desist from any such business in the future. Dolphins in particular are very intelligent, social animals (so right there, much different than our managers :E). They deserve more humane consideration than this article suggests.

elgringo
8th Jun 2011, 17:29
"the distress these poor creatures endured is appalling"

I know exactly how they feel... sitting in freighter for 12 hours, waiting in ANC hotel or other place away from home...is appalling and very distressing...:):):)

How about the pilot slave trade?:E

(I agree about the poor dolphins btw)

MRGTC
8th Jun 2011, 22:59
Who give a f$$k

N1 Vibes
8th Jun 2011, 23:42
CX - shameless w@nkers - $14bn - woohoo!

I have always wanted to know if we carry sharks-fin products on our freighters? Of course we don't serve them to our passengers, because that would be too unconservative.

Do any of the drivers know?

Oval3Holer
8th Jun 2011, 23:50
Watch this and you might not ask, "Who gives a f$$k?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0w2wsVV0KY

joebanana
9th Jun 2011, 05:03
I have always wanted to know if we carry sharks-fin products on our freighters?

We certainly used to. They were a regular item out of Dubai, however, I haven't seen (or smelled!) any for some time.

Night Watch
9th Jun 2011, 09:22
MRGTC

Who give a f$$k

I do, and so do may others in CX! I see you are from the PRC.... so indulge me in a statement a closed minded as yours..... You must live amongst the most unintelligent, ignorant people in China, if you don't realize the harm that trafficking/slaughter of dolphins, whales and sharks does.

So.... Get a life, get an education and get the f$$k off PPRuNe.

ron burgandy
9th Jun 2011, 10:03
I find it difficult to take a stand on this issue without sounding hugely hypocritical. What about the ipads, and countless other goods we carry ( and use) as a matter of course, most of which are made by people living in conditions close to slavery.

Watch the documentary "China Blue"

Independent Lens . CHINA BLUE . The Film | PBS (http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/chinablue/film.html)

then ask yourself where you draw the moral line on what is acceptable to carry on our freighters.

FR8R H8R
9th Jun 2011, 10:07
Speaking of Sea Shepherd, do you think the birds on the boat shave or are they full-up granola?

The Management
9th Jun 2011, 10:30
It’s all about the money. We will do anything to make or save money for our shareholders and therefore our bonuses.

We don’t care about slave labor, endangered species or moral obligations, etc. It’s not who we are. Our mission states we are a Socially Responsible Company for public appearance only. Our actions of our past speak for themselves.

The only thing that may persuade us from not doing so is getting caught and public perception. Do you not think we carry shark fins… We just don’t label them as such.

Cargo is a very lucrative business, kilogram for kilogram. We don’t have to cater for or provide our service for freight. Much more profitable.

We will carry just about anything (even Gallium as used in semiconductors) if it were to make us money. Most have no idea what we carry and that is the way we like to keep it, so stop spreading these fictitious articles about The CPG.

To My Bonus
The Management

Basil
9th Jun 2011, 12:58
I've nothing against killing animals as humanely as possible however, I regret to have to say that the Chinese in general lack any sort of empathy with animals.
I've seen live snakes slit open and their gall bladder ripped out. The snakes then popped back in the bag to await further treatment.
I watched a live fish being filleted.
John Warham tells, in The 49ers, of viewing a cow mauled by not very hungry tigers in a PRC zoo as an entertainment.

I'm not trying to take the moral high ground. I boil crustaceans.

I often view animal rights evidence critically but I know what I've seen.

do you think the birds on the boat shave or are they full-up granola?
You'll have to get down there and sign articles to find out :)

Oval3Holer
9th Jun 2011, 13:06
How about this barbarism?

YouTube - ‪Dying for Fur - Inside the Chinese Fur Trade (Part 1)‬‏

mcdude
9th Jun 2011, 14:13
"crates were moved into the Cathay Pacific cargo handling facility at Kansai"

That'll be the joint venture with JAL and Kansai Airport Co. etc

I pity the poor dolphins. I suspect this was a "domestic" issue, however one thing is for sure, dolphins are far more vicious than our freight managers will ever be...:suspect:

Basil
9th Jun 2011, 14:33
I hate to see animals on wire netting.

Unfortunately, when British fur producers attempted to farm animals for their fur they were attacked by 'animal rights' activists who released thousands of domesticated animals into the wild.
The Fur Farming (Prohibition) Act 2000 ended fur farming in the UK on 1 January 2003.
There is no doubt in my mind that this was stupid, ill conceived legislation playing to the gallery and moved fur farming from the UK, where it could be controlled and monitored to places such as China.

'Humanely farmed in Britain' could have been part of a trademark but the fluffies had their way and are to blame for the suffering of many animals world wide.

Beta Light
9th Jun 2011, 15:23
Bet this was not on the " Daily news" in the street.

MRGTC
10th Jun 2011, 19:33
Well I will tell u why I don't give a f##k. We ship many people around the world for up to close to to two days in what we call cattle class. I have been on a jet for 26 hours without getting off! Now I expect any animals carried should be humanely treated but it happens many people all of the time and so why should animals be treated differently. To be honest sometimes animals are treated better than people. While I agree with the humane treatment of animals should be complied with there are many times human beings are treated worse. If you want an argument about PETA or other extremist groups behave and or think I will give u one. There is an episode of south park which hits the nail on the head when it comes to PETA. I have seen people tested far worse!

MRGTC
10th Jun 2011, 19:45
I meant to say treated ( not tested ) far worse. So forgive me on the autocorrect.

SMOC
10th Jun 2011, 21:13
Why not use the Edit button?

The Management
11th Jun 2011, 03:07
Of course we would skin and tan our own Grandmother, it is a prerequisite for any Management position in The CPG.

We created an environment where two of the 49er's have died; we certainly don't care about any Dolphins stuck in a hanger.

If it involves making or saving money that will increase Our Bonuses, we will do just about anything to anybody. Look at our past and our present (no expatriate terms) it speaks for itself.

To My Bonus
The Management

N1 Vibes
11th Jun 2011, 03:33
The Management,

We created an environment where two of the 49er's have died

Poor Taste - suggest you should edit....

broadband circuit
11th Jun 2011, 09:36
Poor Taste - suggest you should edit....

Actually, I don't think he should edit it. I serves as a ghastly, yet realistic, reminder of the moral fibre of the monsters running our organisation.

The blood of those 2 49ers is forever on the hands of these individuals.

The Management
11th Jun 2011, 14:30
Mr. NR being the Deputy DFO in 2001 (the one calling the shots) and now being the Director of Cargo (responsible for the Dolphins in question) is one of our most hardened and morally inept people we have ever hired.

He was brought into the Flight Operations Department for those qualities to straighten out the pilots and I must say has done a remarkable job and he has being rewarded accordingly. He has the qualities his Family can be proud of.

He has now brought this type of Management over to the Cargo Division.

Arrogance is another one of those qualities that The Swire Group seeks in their Prince’s. We need people like this to operate with impunity and the 49er’s court case demonstrates this. For someone to make false and conflicting statements in a court of law and not being prosecuted for doing so makes this type of personal invaluable to The CPG. The Hong Kong Court System is another great asset for us to operate. We operate with impunity.

Whether it is people or dolphins, he does not care as long as he makes The CPG more profit.

For those that try to be compassionate and be a Manager at The CPG will not succeed. We tend to weed out those types, as it is not something we look for in a Manager of any type at The CPG.

As for the Dolphins is question, if this treatment were to make it on YouTube it would make our lives more difficult, so we may be putting in a policy of no mobile phones in sensitive areas of any cargo facility and if the Dolphins were to die; the Director of Cargo has ensured us that Cathay Catering will be notified in order to save money.

To My Bonus
The Management

Oval3Holer
12th Jun 2011, 15:29
To The Management:

You've finally proven that you're not actually management (not that I ever thought your were). No Swire manager would EVER pluralize Prince with an apostrophe (like you did in your post).

Duh!

BusyB
12th Jun 2011, 15:38
He meant Princess:}

Oval3Holer
26th Feb 2012, 19:30
Airline moving dolphins in 'flying coffins' - ABC Newcastle NSW - Australian Broadcasting Corporation (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-02-27/airline-moving-dolphins-in-flying-coffins/3853928/?site=newcastle)

cxhk
26th Feb 2012, 20:51
Even though I don't like our management, but I have to say enough with this Sea Shepard bull****...

Although Sea Shepard clause are good, they are worse than anyone really... They blame everyone for everything, and they take advantage of big company (knowing they don't like negative publicity), and blame them for something that they really didn't do. In this instance, CKTS handle the flight that carried the dolphins, the dolphons was carried by a mainland chinese carrier. CKTS is own by Kansai airport, with Japan Airline and Cathay Pacific as a minority shareholder, Cathay Pacific have no management control in CKTS.

So in this instants Sea Shepard is using CX for the publicity stunt that they are trying to pull, because they know this will catch the attention of the world press. When you think about it, the action and method used by Sea Shepard is worse than anyone really, they indirectly try to destory someone else brand when that person (in this case CX) probably have no idea this is going on (since CX does not have management control in CKTS). Sea Shepard are totally unethical and irresponsible in the way they run their publicity stunt.

So people, please wake up with this non-sense. Sea Shepard are the evil one here and not CX. :ugh:

Absolutely Fabulous
27th Feb 2012, 01:10
I regret to have to say that the Chinese in general lack any sort of empathy with animals.

Basil, we're not any better, just ahead of them on the learning curve, so don't make this out to be a nationality issue, it is not :ugh: