PDA

View Full Version : WHO IS MALGUS....A GOD SEND????

mjkukin2
22nd Jan 2002, 23:18
Having just looked at a thread posted on this forum a compnay called "MALGUS" based in scotland and registered are offering 16 cadets full sponsorship for there ATPL training at BAe Jerez, commencing july 2002.

For 147 sterling you get if you make it;. .1)all training expenses paid. .2)50 euros per week pocket money

Now what i dont understand if this company has been around a while, i presume why doesnt the company name "ring a bell"

To any wannabe this is a oppurtunity of a lifetime isnt it...but whats the catch..

For 147 pounds many see it as an offer not to resist so send off there payment not knowing many thousands of others will apply to.the lucky few will get through and well congratulayions too them

If say 10000 people applied each giving 147 sterling then thay packet 1.47 million pounds intially at stage one.

many people will straight away not meet there criteria and be rejected making this investment to them selves seem a rip off, but to the company 100% profit.

if they did train 16 cadets at jerez costing 60 thousand each approx they pay 960'000 pounds there.

50 euros per week per student gives 2800 euros which for 16 cadets is 44'800 per year. this is approx equivalent to 28'000 pounds.

so the company in the end make a healthy profit of approx half a million sterling whilst to 16 cadets it is worth there 147 poundsbut what about the other 9984 people...is this just another money making scheme by training companies making it out to be providing a helping hand to a wannabe or are they just divulging on our savimgs..

i know not much on this matter so i would appreciate feedback from all especially www or scroggs who in my opinion put some good views across..

scroggs
23rd Jan 2002, 00:17
This subject is being covered in another thread, and the points you raise can be discovered by searching Wannabes from 3 or 4 months ago. There was a considerable degree of cynicism about both Malgus' methods and motivation. I, personally, know nothing about the company, so am reluctant to comment. WWW may have more info - which he'll have to post on the other thread, as I see no need for two!