PDA

View Full Version : What if............

VBPCGUY
8th Jun 2011, 00:04
...............Borghetti had got the CEO job at QF and Virgin had Godfrey still, what would things have been like for QF and Virgin today?

Ultergra
8th Jun 2011, 00:11
Rumour?
News?
Care factor?
Mods?

greenslopes
8th Jun 2011, 00:33
Look, I don't think it helps to rub salt into open wounds.
QF are burdened by a lacklustre senior management and VAus have benefited through their lack of foresight.

What I do hope is that no-one loses their job from others ineptitude.

gruntyfen
8th Jun 2011, 00:45
A lot of people having to be asking that question. Probably some of them looking across the table at AJ. Lets hope this is a positive move and stimulates QANTAS into changing their strategy. Surely there is room in Australia for the two airlines to succeed and for one to not be at war with their employees?

Servo
8th Jun 2011, 01:18
Although I work for VB and it is refreshing to have a new CEO and direction, I cant help but feel for our QF brethren. I hope that NO ONE loses their job and the race to the bottom finally stops.

Ironic that with the intro of VB we were employed on lower conditions that has perpetuated to where we are today. By doing so I have helped in the possible demise of QF :{

I am sure JB would have done things a lot different to AJ. I am grateful for JB at this stage, otherwise under BG we wouldnt be here, simple.

Good luck.

Lester Burnham
8th Jun 2011, 01:39
My guess is that everyone would be kicking the crap out of JB for being the evil presence that runs QF.

Cactusjack
8th Jun 2011, 05:01
Borghetti had got the CEO job at QF and Virgin had Godfrey still, what would things have been like for QF and Virgin today?

QF would have an even greater market share as the 'other' airline's CEO was burying the place in a deep dark dirty hole.....

RAD_ALT_ALIVE
8th Jun 2011, 05:22
JB would be being character-assassinated just as AJ is.

AJ (as JB would if he were QF CEO) is doing the bidding of the board - probably without objecting too much.

There has been a clear plan (well - clear to some within the group) prior to and resulting in the startup of JQ to bring the 'old school' union groups to their knees. And maybe that's why JB didn't get the gig - perhaps his long-term plan differed fundamentally from the board's.

What we're seeing now is the end game of that strategy. The start was the launch of Jetstar.

The only thing that surprised upper management and the board, was the unexpected success of JQ - it was first and foremost a means to show the various unions/associations within QF that there was a whole airline capable of being operated by employees who would choose to work on totally different awards/contracts. A industrial warning shot across bows, so to speak.

If anyone wants to know how management want the QF industrial landscape to look in the near future, then look no further than Jetstar's various employee groups.

The only counter to this would be for unions/associations to extract unity from EVERY Qantas group employee - which is not very likely to happen. Human nature, self interest, fear of consequences, philosophical unwillingness; they will all help to scupper any hopes of unity (and that holds true within individual employee groups too...). :sad: