PDA

View Full Version : Has pprune changed the edit/quote features?

IO540
7th Jun 2011, 12:51
I seem to be seeing behaviour suggesting that the Edit (one's own post only, obviously) function is disabled after a certain time period.

One other forum I vaguely recall seeing does this; it allows you to edit but only for 1 hour or something like that.

Also, the Quote button has gone. The buttons I see (above the text entry form) are

Insert Link
Remove Link
Insert Email Link
Wrap [code...
Wrap Youtube....

To see if it is a problem at my end, I upgraded to latest Firefox (v4) and still see the same thing.

I am using the NoScript plug-in but even disabling all of it (for pprune.org) doesn't help.

Edit: after I posted this, the Edit button was missing immediately. However, ctrl-F5 restored it.

Edit #2: IE8 seems to work fine, so it can't be Pprune itself. Curious all the same though, since I have been using FF for ages.

vulcanised
7th Jun 2011, 14:25
Don't know if it's related, but I solved some similar problems a while back by clicking on the box top right of the Reply to Thread box.

IO540
7th Jun 2011, 14:35
box top right of the Reply to Thread box. I can't see anythin that meets that description.

But ctrol-F5 after every screen reload seems to make it work. I did delete the pprune cookie too (no improvement).

Edit: Being in Greece on 3G, I have just opened up a VPN to my UK office and using that, the problem disappears! Looks like the Greek 3G network (COSMOTE) is eating some bits of PPRuNe's HTML :)

vulcanised
7th Jun 2011, 14:42
There's a small A with a large A SE of it.