PDA

View Full Version : Mechanical Engineer wants Part66 B1

klykas
6th Jun 2011, 19:56
Hello everyone

In need of some advice!

I am a recently graduated MSc in Industrial engineering, and a Bachelor in mechanical engineering. I am working for two years in sailplane factory as a design engineer. The problem is that I want to receive a Part66 B1 for getting a more serious job in aircraft maintenance. What cheapest and fastest way would you suggest? As I understand for receiving a part66 B1 u need experience in a Part145 organization, but nobody in aviation maintenance will hire me if I dont have a part66 B1? How is it? I am a bit confused.
I thank you in advance for any information!

CY333
7th Jun 2011, 13:33
Once you got your modules, you will be able to work for the experience required for the B1.
If you get lucky and get a mechanics job, then you can do both at the same time.
No one hires you because you are not aviation orientated regarding your studies.
Working in a sailplane designer office , does not really bring you in contact with Line Maintenance or Base , which is what B1 reflects to.
So basically you don't have the experience or knowledge to be put on the line without supervision for your own and others safety.

But eh, that my opinion.....

Just remember, not participating at a 147 will increase the experience required from 2 years to 5 years unless you are skilled worker.....

Everything you need is in ElGD on the CAA web....

klykas
8th Jun 2011, 04:53
hey, CY333

Thanks very much for the info. I'll look it up.