PDA

View Full Version : Singapore Cargo - Realistic Minimums?

thatchecks
6th Jun 2011, 17:29
Anyone out there know what the realistic minimums (times, qualifications, etc) are for a single, unattached/no-obligations gentleman when trying to obtain employment with SIAC as an FO?

Background is some intl. freight experience (N. America), and currently flying CRJs in N. America with no turbine PIC, yet.

Also does their mainline pax operator hire expat FOs?

I've done plenty of searches, and read the 2010 and 2011 rumoUr threads. Just looking for some fresh-er information.

Any information is appreciated, and even snarky comments warning me to go elsewhere. Knowledge is power.

Thanks in advance guys, and looking forward to responses, and even PMs.\

:}

millerscourt
6th Jun 2011, 17:41
Look at SIA Cargo website which lists requirements although it is a little vague but nothing ventured nothing gained.

I think you cannot forget mainline as an expat F/O for the time being.

pacificgypsy
9th Jun 2011, 11:23
Actually, I think you can disregard employment as an expat on mainline.

millerscourt
9th Jun 2011, 12:42
Probably true as with new SIA LCC on its way mainline will probably reduce in size which can be catered by Locals with reduced T & C's for those joining the new airline.

In Singapore low cost also applies to Pilots not just fares!! Just wondering where they will get Captains from. Indonesia / Phillipines would me my guess.

leewan
9th Jun 2011, 15:54
This just cropped up. Might be of interest to you.

TODAYonline | Singapore | SIA Cargo, ALPA-S to discuss pilots' policies (http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore/EDC110609-0000326/SIA-Cargo,-ALPA-S-to-discuss-pilots-policies)