PDA

View Full Version : What are the symbols and letters that check-in staff write on boarding cards?

Linerider
5th Jun 2011, 18:02
Some time back I was travelling through Heathrow. The check-in agent printed my ticket, then drew a star on it and the letter 'A' in a circle.
What do these mean?

I asked the agent what these meant - I forget what he said, but it sounded like bull.

LGWXOPSA
5th Jun 2011, 18:57
Back in the days when I was on check in (about nine years ago), certain codes were used to alert the security search point if we thought a passenger may require to be more thoroughly searched. Another one I seem to remember was a code for the crew which we wrote on the piece of the boarding card the crew inspects, for instance if they were rude at check in then a code would be written so the crew would be wary of them boarding.

As I said this was a little while ago !

regards,

Linerider
5th Jun 2011, 21:34
Thank you for your answer. Perhaps it was something to do with security then, since the code was written on the part of the ticket that is not seen by the cabin crew.

LGWXOPSA
5th Jun 2011, 21:39
Like I said, this is going back a good few years so things may have changed!. :)

Linerider
5th Jun 2011, 21:41
That's ok, I won't sue you if you turn out to be wrong!