PDA

View Full Version : Hello from AA dispatch

AA dispatch
5th Jun 2011, 15:25
Greetings everyone....
I've been lurking pprune for awhile and this is my first post.
Just wanted to say hello from hot Ft. Worth, TX..USA.
:ok:

VP8
6th Jun 2011, 04:05
Hi and welcome :ok:

NISHTA
6th Jun 2011, 15:28
Nice to see that we have our colleagues from all over the world...

BHMDiversion
25th Jun 2011, 19:48
Hopefully AA will be hiring DX soon... welcome to the site!

Out Of Trim
26th Jun 2011, 23:44
Hi AA Dispatch, welcome to PPRuNe. From a hot LGW, well today and tomorrow anyway! :}

Miarose
30th Jun 2011, 22:31
I attended Sheffield in 1998 and was wet behind the ears. I had no experience and the instructors they had at the time got me through it. Now, jump ahead to March 2011. I sent my wife to Sheffield to get her license. She has 10 years of aviation experience. Everything from ticketing, ramp, flight attendant, crew scheduler and 3 years in Continental SOC.

Long story short, her class at Sheffield had 25 students and 19 failed including her. The instruction there is pathetic. They take your $ and you're on your own. Whatever you do, do not waste your money on Sheffield when picking a school.

She took the 2 weeek course at Universal Weather in Houston and learned more there in 2 weeks than 5 weeks at Sheffield.
Not only did she learn, SHE UNDERSTOOD IT!

Just beware from my experience, save your money.

emorris
19th Nov 2011, 12:03
@font-face { font-family: "Times New Roman"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }table.MsoNormalTable { font-size: 10pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; } RE: I attended Sheffield in 1998 and was wet behind the ears. I had no experience and the instructors they had at the time got me through it. Now, jump ahead to March 2011. I sent my wife to Sheffield to get her license. She has 10 years of aviation experience. Everything from ticketing, ramp, flight attendant, crew scheduler and 3 years in Continental SOC.

A: Unfortunately, ticketing, ramping, flight attending, crew scheduling, and fetching papers or doing revisions within an SOC can't help someone who was either lazy, a procrastinator, or both in addition to not seeking free tutoring after class daily (she did not come close).

RE: Long story short, her class at Sheffield had 25 students and 19 failed including her. The instruction there is pathetic. They take your $ and you're on your own. Whatever you do, do not waste your money on Sheffield when picking a school.

A: False. We have NEVER had a class failure rate like that. We've had probably 2-4 classes with a fail rate or 45-50% over the past 15-20 years, typically the success rate for the course is 70-85%. The FAA practical exam rate however exceeds most because Sheffield actually does not commit perjury on the applicant's Application for Dispatcher certificate - we only sign off those who are qualified. The airlines worldwide seem to appreciate that, as well as the FAA. Fortunately, most people who read this guy's account, including many following replies could tell his 'story' was rubbish. Sure - to stay in business 64 consecutive years, we screw people and flunk them at will - makes complete sense. First, the failure's hubby neglected to mention that students drop out for family emergencies, illness, military duty recall, etc.. He failed to note how many in his class had those circumstances, returned, and passed. He failed to notice how many airlines, individuals, and other companies have used Sheffield School, were successful, and provided testimonials online, which are all dated and verifiable. He failed to note that we counsel any students having a difficult time, and even offer a pro-rata refund for a large portion of the course. And..whoops..he neglected to mention that 2 students in his class and 1 student in her class actually attended other schools before attending Sheffield - one was already certified. Feel free to contact me, and I'll send email copies of the last few requests from grads of other schools looking for refresher training, a job, or both because their diploma mill can't cut it.

RE: She took the 2 weeek (sic) course at Universal Weather in Houston and learned more there in 2 weeks than 5 weeks at Sheffield. Not only did she learn, SHE UNDERSTOOD IT!

A: She may have understood their version of dispatch training. She failed herself at our school. Her success may have actually been linked to ALREADY sitting through comprehensive material at Sheffield, departing with a full Sheffield notebook, having the ADX test already passed, then attending a less comprehensive course. Feel free to have her return to Sheffield at any time to see if she could pass any of our class tests or better yet - send her here for an FAA-witnessed oral exam and simple flight. If she passes PTS standards, I'll pay her transportation and air fare. If she fails, her results will be posted here and anywhere I feel like posting it, including video of what would be long uncomfortable pauses. That's the deal. Sign your name next time, coward.
Eric Morris-President-Sheffield School of Aeronautics (est. 1948)