PDA

View Full Version : Logten Pro Guru Wanted!

flyinbrian
5th Jun 2011, 02:53
Hi guys,

I just picked up the latest version of Logten Pro and I'm trying to enter all my time dating back to my start at CX (ambitious I know!). I need to know:

1 - how do you enter P2X time? I've tried entering it in a custom field but it doesn't appear in the CAD P2X column when I produce a report.

2 - How do you format the CX logbook output from crew direct so it can be imported in Logten? I've tried to import data but I think the data needs to go to an Excel spreadsheet or something before I can select the appropriate fields. Ideas?

Any help greatly appreciated!

FB

Flying Phoenix
5th Jun 2011, 04:02
Flyinbrian,
I use the free version of Log Ten on my iPhone for my basic entries. I can't help you with Log 10 Pro questions, but if you are interested there is another log book program out there which I feel is superior in most (but not all) areas. It's called Safelog and they've just introduced the software to go with virtually every smart phone. Safelog has great customer support and the the program is very diversified, that is; it is compatible with U.K, Canadian, Australian and U.S logbooks - you choose which one you want.

Thought I'd throw it out there. Hope you don't mind.

Upgraded
5th Jun 2011, 04:42
hey mate,

I am a heavy user of Log Ten Pro and I have done a similar task to the one you are attempting.

When the developers developed the various reports (Military, CASA, FAA, CAD etc) they tried their best but didn't have the corporate knowledge required.

No big deal though, hit the website, start a discussion based on your problem in the support section. One of the lads will most likely ask you to send your logbook file to him and if you ask nicely they'll send you a customised report file that works by drawing data from your custom fields in your logbook and popping it where it belongs in the CAD one.

Good Luck

Upgraded.

A. Le Rhone
5th Jun 2011, 13:07
Another question - I've tried the freebie for iPhone and like it. I'll probably buy the Mac version as a result.
I'm trying the free version for Mac but there seems no way to synch the iPhone and Mac versions with all my past entries.
Does the paid version allow this function?
Dont want to re-enter all that data!

Loopdeloop
5th Jun 2011, 17:13
There's a detailed thread about how to do what you want on the HKAOA forums...

A. Le Rhone
6th Jun 2011, 04:23
Thanks - don't work for CX though!

flyinbrian
7th Jun 2011, 03:52
Thanks Loopdeloop... will check the AOA forum for it.

Cheers to all for the responses!

FB