PDA

View Full Version : do i still have hope?

flyweezer
3rd Jun 2011, 19:23
lost PPL student...please advice..
hello,
appreciate if anyone can give me a light here,

I did my PPL 6 years ago...done almost 80 hours.....but never completed it as i didnt take the test coz i stopped and started and stopped a couple of times along the years...completed all my papers (but i think its not valid now and have to retake) done all cross country too,hence the hours build up....i didnt do very well in my SPM,oh by the way i am 32 years old this year...yeah age another factor...ok after 10 years of saving up and investing my money,i have gathered now about 400K cash....been working as a cabin crew for the past 12 years...i really want to fly jets/props in an airline again someday and not serve coffee tea anymore someday as my career...what are the odds?.....i plan to finish up my PPL at a local flying club and get it done with these few months...

what are the possibilities:-

1 - getting into a malaysian flying school to continue with CPL/IR with a valid PPL (spm 2 credits only,maths and english and passes for the rest/science subjects)

or shud i

2- spend half my money in Australia and do CPL/IR (since wont look at SPM) and try to do conversion in malaysian flying school when i get back (if i can get into msian flying school with foreign CPL) by spending another 100k

3- or just forget my dream and just carry on serving coffee and tea till i retire....

can someone please shed some wise opinion?...thanks

kaptn
3rd Jun 2011, 19:56
Man, if it's your dream, go for it.......at leat when you'll be retired you won't regret it..

BYR
3rd Jun 2011, 20:22
What kaptn said. If it's your dream, go for it - there is no worse feeling than regret. Also you're really not that old. I have heard of people getting their first license in their late 40's.

Good luck!

flyweezer
4th Jun 2011, 01:43
thanks and really appreciate the encouragement,but quite unfortunately in malaysia,the department of civil aviation still wanna look into our high school results even if u have a degree/diploma or the full licence after doing on our own...to get into an airline or even to get into a flying school here in malaysia,perhaps to even complete CPL/IR n ATPL...can someone from malaysia with some experience on this share with me some opinion before i seriously trash all my dreams in the drain?