PDA

View Full Version : JFK Terminals

Peter47
3rd Jun 2011, 09:40
I've just returned from JFK & had plenty of time to look around the airport. I have a number of questions which I have not been able to answer despite searching the web. Perhaps someone knows something about the following:

Delta plans to demolish T3 (the former Pan Am Worldport) and operate its domestic flights from T2 & international flights from T4. The development work would cost $1.2bn. Does this include a major expansion of T2 & T4? I can't see them coping with the amount of traffic on offer. I have checked the web and the plan is to build 9 new gates at T4 but demolish 16 in T3.

T5 (ex TWA) & T6 (ex National Sundrome latterly used by Jet Blue) are not being used. I undestand that T5 is going to be preserved, is T6 going to be demolished?

I heard a rumour that BA (and presumably IB / CX) would like to move to AA's new T8? Is there any truth in this? I would have thought that T8 would need to be expanded (the original plan for the terminal was scaled back when traffic started declining). If so what would happen to BA's T7 - I suppose that it could handle the overflow from T4.

DannyKelly22
3rd Jun 2011, 11:40
When i worked in T4 June 2009 the plan was for delta to move over their operations to t4 and close one of their other terminals. The B side of T4 is to get an extension along with the A side, so far on the A side there is only 6 or 8 gates, (can't remember, although i know we used A6 which was the very top gate, along with the A380 Eimerates).

Terminal 5 is the Jet Blue terminal, so it is in operation, it is terminal 6 which isn't, although i know many movies get made in this terminal as it is vacant; ("going the distance" and "get him into the greek")

There have been rumours of EI and LH moving to T6 as it has customs and immigration facilities, only rumours though, as it would make connections to B6 alot easier, and i suppose now that DL are moving to t4 it would make sense for VIRGIN to move to T6 too now they have commenced an interline agreement also with b6.

There was also rumours about BA movin to the AA terminal, but honestly i cannot see this happening as BA make quite alot of money from their terminal as they provide alot of ground handling for other airlines such as IB, Quantas, and nearly sure they handle UA and maybe US, so quite a little money spinner.