View Full Version : 0-(JAA)ATPL US or Europe for education?

zubeyir
31st May 2011, 21:20
Hello dear aviators;

As a 23 year old newly gratuated from college, I am looking for the ways to become a commerical pilot in Turkey. (my father working in Turkish Airlines as captain)
My question is this,
There are schools in US that claim to give 0-atpl in 9 months and aprox. 45-50.000 $. I ve looked for some schools in the forum and there are some bad comments about them. US schools seems cheaper and shorther in time but its like impossible to know which school to trust.
On the other hand, europe schools with a higher price and time (18 months etc.)
What are your advices through your experiences, should I look for schools in US, does it worth it? (how is the education quality, there are courses that give JAA) Or should I stay in Turkey and give 60000 euros and 2 years. I want to start to fly as a commerical pilot asap.
thank you for replies.
Zubeyir.

zondaracer
1st Jun 2011, 09:02
I would be very wary of going to one of the JAA schools in the US for your CPL training. I haven't been to EFT and I haven't heard as bad of things about them.

I can tell you or a fact that at one of the unnamed Florida schools, it is taking guys closer to 22 months to finish, and they still have to go back to Europe and get their JAA IR completed.

The price may be appealing, but time is also money, and you could end up spending quite a lot just on living expenses.

zubeyir
1st Jun 2011, 10:32
thank you for reply.

abadi
2nd Jun 2011, 16:18
Why u not study in turkey
i'm like u but i'm from golf countries and have same question
i hope if u have new information let me know
good luck