PDA

View Full Version : JQ Business Class

Normasars
31st May 2011, 09:48
Heard on the grapevine today that JQ are to introduce Business Class on all aircraft domestically very soon. Also QF FF points on ALL JQ tickets sold as well, not just the full JetFlex fares.

This is QF's answer to DJ. Tart up the LCC. :ugh::ugh:I hope I am wrong, but the source of the rumour is very reliable.

"JQ will NEVER cannabilse mainline services."

REALLY???

Mr. Hat
31st May 2011, 09:51
QF/JQ whatever they haven't got one good idea of their own.

Funny how they don't steal the idea of looking after their staff.

Normasars
31st May 2011, 09:59
Hat, staff are a liability. Didn't you know that? :ugh::ugh:

600ft-lb
31st May 2011, 10:26
Only on the grapevine ?

You should see their website, no such thing as Starclass (RIP) anymore

Business Class | Jetstar (http://www.jetstar.com/au/en/what-we-offer/in-flight/business-class)

It'll be interesting to watch when the trolley dollies do the 40 meter sprint through the cabin during the 'service'. Unless there is a major culture change at the pointy end...

5 more years and the long held prophecies will come to pass.

standard unit
31st May 2011, 10:32
Qantas domestic being the only part of Qantas currently making money it stands to reason that management would try and kill it off by creating a Jetstar business class.

waren9
31st May 2011, 10:37
Well atleast the aircraft will be newer.
:}:yuk:

Mr. Hat
31st May 2011, 10:45
Has anyone got Alan Joyce's mum's number? Her son is not well. He's a bit confused by the sounds of things...

Qantas attacks Virgin Blue's strategy | News.com.au (http://www.news.com.au/business/qantas-attacks-virgin-blues-strategy/story-e6frfm1i-1225898259769)

SENIOR Qantas executives have taken a veiled swipe at rival Virgin Blue, saying any airline with a "middle of the road strategy" is destined for failure.
Qantas chief executive Alan Joyce says his group's two-brand approach, with full-service Qantas and low-cost offshoot Jetstar, gave the company a unique advantage over other carriers.
He said a clearly differentiated product meant customers knew what they were getting and what they were paying for.
"I'm a firm believer that the middle of the road strategy is not a great strategy," Mr Joyce told the Australia Pacific Aviation Outlook Summit in Sydney yesterday.
"You could end up as roadkill if you sit in the middle of the road for too long.
"I think it is important for you to really define and focus on what your customers are after and what you are trying to deliver to them, and I think with Jetstar and Qantas we do that."
The comments came a day after Virgin Blue commercial executive Liz Savage used the same podium to say her airline wanted to double its 10 per cent share of the corporate travel market dominated by Qantas over the next year.
Ms Savage said the middle ground was "a great place to be" as the majority of customers were there.
However, Jetstar chief executive Bruce Buchanan said at the conference any airline that sought the middle ground would end up battling the two Qantas brands.
"We think trying to be all things to all people is a really tough place to be," Mr Buchanan said.....

Taildragger67
31st May 2011, 11:08
Heard on the grapevine today that JQ are to introduce Business Class on all aircraft domestically very soon. Also QF FF points on ALL JQ tickets sold as well, not just the full JetFlex fares.

Herein lies what could have already been done in terms of creating an Asian connection network, without all the bulls:mad: that's been going on - stick a few rows of wider seats in the front of Boganstar Asia aircraft (maybe even bring in a few A321s), offer oneworld FF points at appropriate levels and sell connections through Singapore. Suddenly punters in ports where Silkair essentially has a monopoly, have competition on runs up to FRA & LHR and south to Aus and likewise, travellers from Europe also have another choice to get to non-hub final destinations. Even put QF code-share flight numbers on them.

Sure it goes a bit against the pure LCC model but not by much and hey, presto! You have your feeder network for your long-hauls.

T80
31st May 2011, 11:17
Haha

And this coming from one of the airlines whos bottom line is feed by muffins and coffee !! sheesh :ugh:
Its really evident now that JB is getting under their skin :D

You could end up as roadkill if you sit in the middle of the road for too long

And you could also end up as roadkill on the side of the road BB :suspect:

JB has seen the light hes never going back, now hes basking in greener pastures.
Good job JB you got these blokes swinging low punches and it just makes them look even more petty.

Mr. Hat
31st May 2011, 11:21
"Roadkill" will be the result if the QF board cotton on to these two clowns.

Cactusjack
31st May 2011, 11:24
'Roadkill' best describes the meals on QF these days......

RENURPP
31st May 2011, 11:29
Jetstar business class, I laughed my Tits off. :D :D

Anyway I'm off to McDonalds for a five star meal. :p

Ultralights
31st May 2011, 11:44
at least you will get some resemblance of service at Maccas!

assasin8
31st May 2011, 11:48
What's with all the name calling though... "roadkill", "cloud cuckoo land", "kamakazees"... When will it end?

Maybe AJs office is actually inside the childcare centre?:uhoh:

Ted Nugent
31st May 2011, 17:03
Business Class is available on selected flights to destinations such as Hawaii, Phuket, Bangkok, Tokyo, Osaka, Melbourne, Sydney, Gold Coast, Cairns, Singapore, Auckland and Bali.

Re branding of A330 star class so there's no need to panic.

an3_bolt
31st May 2011, 20:51
....nuts.......