PDA

View Full Version : Powerpoint, or ...

The SSK
31st May 2011, 08:21
Saw a very impressive presentation recently, I could best describe it as a vast white space with ‘objects’ (words, phrases, pictures, graphs) dotted around it. Each ‘slide’ involved tracking over the space and zooming in on the desired object, rotating if necessary. Different scales were used, for example the dot on an ‘i’ could actually be a whole new image to be zoomed in on.

I haven’t been to many events lately where presentations are involved so this might be commonplace these days, but what is it? A new version of ppt or a competitor? Something that only IT professionals and teenagers can master?

Spurlash2
31st May 2011, 09:41
It may have been a version of Ppt put out by Microsoft Labs as a concept.

It is still available for free download HERE (http://www.officelabs.com/projects/pptPlex/Pages/default.aspx).

There may well be other products about, but I don't get paid enough to buy at that level.

I did try it a while back but had some minor display issues with it, but I note that there has since been an update for O2010 and Win 7

The SSK
31st May 2011, 09:50
Spurlash2: There may well be other products about, but I don't get paid enough to buy at that level.

The presenter came from an organisation which has no budgetary constraints whatsoever.

E*r*c*n*r*l

:):)

Jhieminga
1st Jun 2011, 16:35
I'm guessing it was a Prezi, see here: Prezi - The Zooming Presentation Editor (http://prezi.com/)

Spitoon
1st Jun 2011, 17:15
Not sure that it's true to say that E*r*c*n*r*l has no budgetary constraints whatsoever. Passed through the training institute a short while ago and it sounds like money is very tight these days - mind you, it's all relative.....

And it was definitely a case of 'Death by PowerPoint' - but the slides I saw looked like they were made in the 1980s!

The SSK
2nd Jun 2011, 13:37
Jhieminga: thanks, I think that's probably it.

If it means the end of essay-on-a-slide, I'm all in favour.