PDA

View Full Version : Printing from JeppView using iPad

cambioso
30th May 2011, 16:59
Is it possible to print approach plates from JeppView, wirelessly, from my iPad1?
If so, how................
Many thanks,
Jez

Tourist
30th May 2011, 17:32
Press both buttons at the same time, which takes a photo of your screen.
Go to photos and email it to where you want to print it.

galaxy flyer
30th May 2011, 18:01
Which "both buttons"?

GF

Tourist
30th May 2011, 18:04
The one on the front, and the one on the top

winterOPS
30th May 2011, 18:59
Is n´t simplicity just beautiful. :ok:

bbear737
30th May 2011, 19:13
Supposedly becoming an option on JeppTC in the very near future. Now to figure out how to 'airprint' to the onboard printer- getting there slowly then no more updates!

cambioso
30th May 2011, 21:35
If only I could save them to a memory stick and print them off in the hotel/FBO, I would be happy!
Surely it has to happen soon............Sorry didn't mean to call y'all Shirley!!

First.officer
31st May 2011, 09:05
....ah, jez....sounds like maybe you need the iPad 2 ??! lol......anyone know if you could save the pics to a memory stick inserted into the USB on the iPad 2 ?

500 above
31st May 2011, 10:29
Hi Jez!

The I-pad 2 does not have a USB port either.

500 Above

cambioso
31st May 2011, 17:45
"sounds like maybe you need the iPad 2"

Well that's bollocks then F/O isn't it..........!!
To think I nearly went out an bought an Ipad 2 .............NAAAAAAAAAAGHT!!
Not looking good then is it chaps?
Regards,
Jez

Miles Magister
31st May 2011, 19:31
I was just shown the new Fujitsu Stylistic Q550 which looks like it might have an answer to the frustrations aired on this thread. I am going to explore the option more.

MM

NuName
1st Jun 2011, 04:05
Having in the past used a tablet for Jeppview and being very happy with it, I have now been introduced to the iPad. Unless I am wrong it seems with the iPad, enroute charts and FliteDeck are not available. For this reason I intend to revert to a Windows based tablet, the Fujitsu previously mentioned seems like a good option. It will be great to have the USB's back with all the functionality of a "normal" PC and escape the clutches of Apple. On the other hand, if I am jumping from pan to fire, comments appreciated.

Son of a Beech
1st Jun 2011, 06:27
iPad wil have enroute charts, printing options and text available in Q2 2011 according to Jeppesen, so if they hold their promises, within 4 weeks. I put my money on June 24th, 25th or 26th.

For those speculating about the dates, these are the Le Bourget airshow dates. :ok:

cambioso
1st Jun 2011, 06:53
Here's hoping that this facility comes available soon then.
It would make a stunning concept even stunninger!!
We had a "steam driven" Motion tablet for 4 years prior to the iPad, and I dreaded having to (and luckily never had to!) use it in anger because it was sooooo slow to start up and to use. It was not at all user friendly for the cockpit, but at least it was there if...................
I have to say I'm not too bothered about the en-route charts being on my iPad. Not sure of the practicalities of using the small display when I'm trying to find an obscure waypoint somewhere on a long airway!!

NuName
1st Jun 2011, 09:52
The search facility for the enroute charts can be really useful, especialy when the FMS does not accept your FP because of a small continuity error, also the remote GPS sensor is fun on a long trip. I seem to spend long periods away and its nice to know I always have access to the most up to date charts.

Steak&Kidney_Pie
1st Jun 2011, 11:31
Jez,

Stop moaning and just use the paper ones! So what if they're out of date???!!!! :ugh::ugh:

Much love from the "beast" on tour! Back Sunday.

SKP

ericthepilot
1st Jun 2011, 15:09
Have 2 iPad 2 for sale
White, 32 Gb,Wifi and 3G
€ 720,- each
PM me

cambioso
1st Jun 2011, 16:42
"The Beast"..................
That must make me "Beauty" then.
How very apt, and soooo true..........
Keep smiling Buddy,
Jezza

glider12000
1st Jun 2011, 19:37
Text and Enroutes - won`t be on the dates mentioned above but close to that..