PDA

View Full Version : Enhanced security?

radiosutch
30th May 2011, 13:48
I have to go to the local airport quite a lot so I do know what is usual and what is unusual.

Today there was a security guard standing on the apron alongside the airplane frisking, ie a pat down, every member of ground crew that was servicing an airplane and went on board during the turn around. He also examined any items taken on the airplane, eg a bottle of cleaning liquid. Also frisked the men loading the baggage.
Not the pax.

Not seen this before, is there a new procedure or maybe enhanced security this weekend?

750XL
30th May 2011, 14:12
Happens all over and has done for a while afaik.

Mostly happens on all US Carriers, Middle Eastern and some Asia carriers. Basically just an extra security step to make sure staff aren't carrying anything they shouldn't be. Also at the gate on US flights they'll pull a set amount of selectees who might have the same name / DOB as known terrorists etc and search them.

radiosutch
30th May 2011, 16:28
Maybe, but this is Aurigny, and in Guernsey ???

DX Wombat
30th May 2011, 21:35
Hasn't the USA got one of its carriers parked in the Channel? If the flight was going to be passing within a certain distance of that it's possible there was an extra twitchiness on the ground.
I knew I had seen something. (http://www.pprune.org/private-flying/452847-usn-request-remain-clear-uss-george-bush.html) It's the George Bush :hmm: and it's parked in the Solent.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
31st May 2011, 07:51
It's been there since last week and departs at 10am today..

Correction.. by 10am it had already gone.

radiosutch
3rd Jun 2011, 12:47
Been up there three times since last i posted, and no sign of the security so the previous posters may well be right?

Gulf4uk
3rd Jun 2011, 19:03
Isles of Scilly Had HRH Queen and Phillip on a visit today (friday)
but thats not really close ? used Royal flight Chopper.

pictures
BBC News - In pictures: The Queen in Cornwall and Isles of Scilly (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-13645940)

Tony

farnborough