View Full Version : ANY WANNABAES IN GLASGOW UNI?

finals40
16th Feb 2001, 04:38
Hi guys just wondering if there are any other serious wannabee pilots studying in Glasgow uni or the Edinburgh area. Get back if you exist.

BAB2B
16th Feb 2001, 14:44
Did do, what year are you in young man? Is good old Prof. Richards still mumbling along?

tunneler
16th Feb 2001, 22:31
Serious as cancer mate :)

And the good prof "Dj bumble" is still live and kicking.

B

Vortex1
16th Feb 2001, 23:07
I live just outside Glasgow, and went to Edinburgh Uni where I was on the uas. I have been instructing up here for a while, but just landed my first airline job - going to be around until April

EGPFlyer
17th Feb 2001, 01:06
Bash....24th February ......Glasgow!!!!!!!!!

Be there or be like tunneler!

Glasgow is the home of all wannabees! (well the best ones anyway! lol)

FoxtrotFlyer
17th Feb 2001, 01:41
I'm studying at Strathclyde uni if that's any good. I also want to sit in the left hand seat too some day.

Lady Heath
17th Feb 2001, 20:35
Moi aussie

I'm at GLA uni - final yr aero-eng and used to be in UGSAS.
I should be at the bash on 24th to check all you lovely folk out :)

[This message has been edited by Lady Heath (edited 17 February 2001).]

rossco18_uk
21st Feb 2001, 14:33
hi there, Im at glasgow uni and am currently studying Aeronautical Engineering. Im in second year. I have applied to BA once before, last year in fact. I got through to the second stage, but failed to get any further. I am applying this May though and going to try my hardest to get in. The answer to the question, yes Professor Richards (fat arse as I like to call him) is still lurking about. Not looking forward to my second year exams though. Wot year r u all in?? Email me if u want

Happy Flying Rossco

Up Up & Away
21st Feb 2001, 16:05
Yes im currently studying for finals in Edinburgh and intend to head out to OFT in June to do PPL with the intention of taking things further if i can obtain the funding.

BreakRight
21st Feb 2001, 19:22
Bug**r me,

Is everyone at glasgow uni aero dept wanting the left hand seat? There is gonna be nobody left to build the things http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

I am at glasgow uni and I am doing civils, and it sucks, but thats ok because I too want a left hand seat.

------------------
You came in that thing! You`re braver than I thought.

finals40
21st Feb 2001, 21:23
well break right im planning to do a medical elective in south america somewhere with the flying doctors...hopefully with the chance to bulid some fun sun hours too, with what my mate told me last year the planes reliability is something to be desired..may be they want left hand seaters who dont mind blood and guts up in the air complemented with knowledge of fixing dodgey planes!!!! C U's all on sat hopefully.

Final Destination
21st Feb 2001, 22:13
Alrighty folks, I don't go to any of the Glasgow Uni's but if anybody wants to meet up and pass info then just send me an e-mail.
Also anyone got info on the Glasgow bash on the 24th any info would be great.Cheers FD
Sorry I meant to say that I live in the south side of Glasgow, thanks FD

[This message has been edited by Final Destination (edited 21 February 2001).]

Geordie
22nd Feb 2001, 03:04
Hi all,
I'm based at Prestwick and currently doing PPL, but unfortunately didn't go to Glasgow Uni. What do any of you think about the ATPL theory course at Glasgow Nautical college ?? I've heard rave reviews, about the course anyway ?!

Geordie

BreakRight
22nd Feb 2001, 14:58
Final Destination,

Check out this thread for info on GLA bash:

http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/Forum50/HTML/000201.html

------------------
You came in that thing! You`re braver than I thought.

wtpurser
22nd Feb 2001, 17:20
Hey I'm also a SERIOUS (SERIOUS as they get !) wannabe studying at Heriot-Watt from Stirlingshire area. Applied to BA in DEC 99' but only got to the second stage - not bad I thought for a first attempt at 18.
I fully intend on re-applying in or before the summer (May, June time) once I have done some swatting up on the Verbal Reasoning test. If anyone is thinking of applying at this time let me know. Mail me if you want about your history with BA, I would especially like to talk to people that have failed at Stage 2 during late 1999 and is going to re-apply this year. Around the same time as me.

rossco18_uk
22nd Feb 2001, 17:56
Yeah I applied last year in Feb and went down for the tests in May, but didnt get any further. i know why though - didnt prepare. However i was pleased as it was my first time. Im applying again this May, so I have the whole summer to revise for them and this time im goddamn going to get through lol. Anyway speak to you later, whats this bash thing ur all on aboot?
Rossco

------------------