PDA

View Full Version : Newcastle (EGNT) Departure Routes

PositiveClimbGearUp
29th May 2011, 13:03
Hi there

This may be more suited to the ATC forum, but I thought I would post it here being a humble spotter.

I've noticed recently there have been changes to some of the EGNT departures, notably the Emirates flight to Dubai is now routed to the North East towards CUTEL, so too is the Jet 2 flight to Prague, as well as others which would have normally been routed to the South West to intercept P18, or South East towards UMBEL/OTR.

Is anyone able to shed some light on this (and possibly other) changes in procedures at Newcastle?

Thanks in advance :)

10 DME ARC
29th May 2011, 15:07
First of all there are no set routes for these flights especially the Emirates. The routes vary depending upon weather and route restrictions. For the Emirates most used route is the CUTEL track to/from ENE, but they also route P18 from the SW and also on a weekend to/from the South dropping in/out UL602 or even direct DOGGA. Jet 2 routing CUTEL will be to avoid slot restrictions on the busy routes over central Europe. Its not un-common for airlines to route out to CUTEL and then turn due south towards Amsterdam beats some North Sea restrictions!

PositiveClimbGearUp
30th May 2011, 11:36
Thanks for the info - I only asked as I hadn't noticed those routing in use until quite recently. The A330 was always noticeable when it flew over my house on a 25 departure, and as I hadn't heard it for a while I 'tuned in' to see where it had got to!