PDA

View Full Version : Ops / Flight Planning Jobs

LGWXOPSA
28th May 2011, 17:12
Hello everybody,

Just wondering .... how does one go about getting a job with British Airways in the Ops Control department?. Never seem to see these jobs on the BA recruitment site?.

Any info greatly welcome!.

Cheers

UKSquiff
28th May 2011, 17:30
If my experience is anything to go by..fat chance of a job in Ops..unless you're already in the company

LGWXOPSA
28th May 2011, 17:43
Its interesting - have seen ad's for flight planners / ops staff @ Virgin, Monarch, Thomas Cook etc etc.

I wonder then, how can one get a job that would lead to an ops role, surely they wouldn't make a PSA an ops bod .......

UKSquiff
31st May 2011, 10:14
Believe me m8..If I knew the answer to that..I would have done it:uhoh:

TSUP
4th Jun 2011, 20:34
Best way into a ops job, take as much extra training a you can, ramp, baggage, dispatch, load conrol, de-icing (they love that one !), do a bit of load mastering/ down route charter work and if you can become a trainer !

LGWXOPSA
4th Jun 2011, 20:59
Thanks guys, already in an ops role, but was just inquiring as I have never seen a ops role advertised for BA and was wondering how their ops recruitment is done ......

Grasscarp
5th Jun 2011, 12:48
My experience of BA was to go in at the bottom and work up. Join as anything you can do and that is advertised. I contacted them and said what I could do and had to wait around for ages as there was a freeze on recruitment at that time. Once in the company I rose to the very best job in a completely different department. Not exactly Ops Control but a department within that area.

LGWXOPSA
5th Jun 2011, 18:23
Glasscarp - Very helpful. Thank you.

I shall keep my on the BA recruitment site then .......