PDA

View Full Version : B.P

old-timer
27th May 2011, 16:01
seeking advice on B.P med's which I have to increase to 10mg amlopidine (calcium channel blockers but Dr knows best) - these appear to be acceptable according to the CAA web medical pages, obviously I have to communicate this info' to CAA Aeromed section & have done so but awaiting feedback.
I'm not currently requiring use of a Class 1 med' which is probably fortunate as this may be a no-go situation eventually :{

Cpt_Pugwash
27th May 2011, 20:08
OT

Perhaps, as you say, Dr knows best, but from my own experience, I would be wary of Amlodipine. My BP was "borderline" and erratic for some time, then the Doc decided that it needed to be controlled. Initial dosage of 2mg gave no problems but when increased to 4mg, gave problems with whole body skin rashes and very swollen ankles. Now on 4mg Doxazosin, and rashes have gone but I still have swollen ankles, which Doc says is a lasting effect of Amlodipine.
Try a Google on the side effects and its availability ( or otherwise) in Holland.

old-timer
28th May 2011, 07:39
Thanks for that info' Capt'n Pugwash, ;)

just been looking those side effects up which do not sound good at all, maybe Dr doesn't know best after all, :suspect:

i'll collate the data & ask him the question - see what he says, meanwhile i'll keep an eye on those side effects & minimise the dose for now, i'm not currrently aviating until this is resolved.
(wish I was 30 again, life was far easier :D)

Large fries
28th May 2011, 07:50
Hi Guys
Just to let you know that in UK the standard dosage for Amlodipine is either 5mg or 10mg. I have never seen a prescription for any other dosage from either a doctor or huspital.