PDA

View Full Version : Northern No-Fly Zone in Iraq--Who has been there?

merip1
1st Aug 2001, 01:45
I'm trying to get in touch with RAF pilots and other experienced military personnel familiar with the northern no-fly zone of Iraq. MERIP, which is an independent Washington DC non-partisan, non-profit think tank is attempting to compile a comprehensive analysis of US and coalition Iraq policy, and we are looking for non-US military input. In particular, I'm looking for external commentary on something that a number of US pilots have raised in interviews, which is: the possibility that while the northern no-fly zone was set up to protect the Kurds, it may be functioning in such a way that it has actually heightened the Turks ability to go after the Kurds in northern Iraq. This is a worrisome variable and we would like to --on or off record--talk with pilots to get their feedback on the matter. If phone is preferable--I can call (as it is long distance from Washington DC). Drop me a line ([email protected]) and tell me when and where to call. If you want more info on the project before you add your input--I can provide that as well. Thanks.

Tonkenna
1st Aug 2001, 02:13
You are jesting arn't you. Do you really think anyone from the military will answer that kind of question?

Good luck, you will need it! :eek: