PDA

View Full Version : Stalemate ?

Iron Duke
26th May 2011, 20:02
With all the major global players fighting for every last passenger, there has been recent indication that one tactic being employed by the authorities is a distinct obstruction (at Governmental level) to any planned expansion by non native airlines. i.e. airlines from the Middle East struggling to be welcomed in Canada/ Europe etc.

There appears to be almost boundless scope for childish "tit for tat" actions ... "you didn't let me land there, so your not flying over our airspace nah nah !!". Extrapolating this scenario over the years are we not destined for Global gridlock ... particularly as perspectives from East/West/North and South vary so much ?

Is it any one else's impression that we are heading for an almighty "logjam" of political and bureaucratic intransigence ?

Thought for the evening ..

fourgolds
26th May 2011, 20:22
Indeed. I have raised a similar thread on the middle east forum about EK and their expasion plans. I think Canada and Germany are just the start of a dominoe effect. There is also one major card that governments and regulators have up their sleeves and thats the " green movement and the enviroment card" You can cover up a lot of protectionism under an entirely different premise of " we are not going to let you pollute our country"

No one is sure just yet how regulations will be laid out for carbon emissions etc etc and how such regulation will affect the aviation industry. One thing is for certain it can be a very powerfull tool and can be used for political advantage of any enforcing government. ( with a completely different agenda than actually trying to save the planet)

Interesting times. Like Buffet I think I will invest in rail travell. (as long as the trains are not nuclear powered ;))

Interesting times , I see stormy weather approaching.