PDA

View Full Version : Boeing Aerostructures Australia

Jethro Gibbs
26th May 2011, 11:30
Boeing Aerostructures Australia Port Melbourne

Looks like the Panic button has been hit sometime in the past couple of days seems sacking a huge amount of staff at Melbourne some time ago and people being unwilling to relocate from the soon to close NSW site has landed Boeing right in it with a huge shortage of staff and an extreme lack of applicants.:ouch:

ampclamp
26th May 2011, 12:20
I have a friend (not spoken to him in a while) who was losing his job at Bankstown. I do not think he ever intended to relocate.Why bother ? Up-root your wife and kids for a relatively poorly paying job with the chance of being dudded again.Stay here in SYD and take his chances.
I like Melbourne but it is not a place many northerners will relocate to unless pressed.

Jethro Gibbs
1st Jun 2011, 06:45
Understand management is really concerned as of today more advertisements for positions that no one is applying for should not have sacked all those staff no one wants to come back for more.:ooh:

another superlame
1st Jun 2011, 07:29
That sounds exactly like another australian employer. Shut down a great facility and retrench the staff only to find out that you have no one left to fix ya stuff whenit breaks.

Jethro Gibbs
1st Jun 2011, 09:10
Yep they are going to have offer a lot more than they are now to attract anyone.

Ejector
3rd Jun 2011, 00:23
Looks like a bunch to come in on sub class 457 visas due to the shorted of staff in Australia. :ugh:

Jethro Gibbs
3rd Jun 2011, 01:50
Permanent full time employment conditions apply. You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident with full working rights status for Australia to apply for this job.
This may rule out the 457 mob even bigger problem for boeing also they need to get rid of the labour hire mobs advertiseing for them :ugh:

Ejector
3rd Jun 2011, 03:51
I am not doubting you one little bit, but whats the next step I was referring to?

Fire many staff Australian at a base you keep open, they move on, and feel hard feelings.

Another base is shut down, staff kind of expected to move if they want a job. They know what happened to the last staff at the open base.

People annoyed all round, Boeing can't fill positions from a limited talented Australian. Next step 457 crowd. It is a great opportunity for many in this crowd, it's no wonder why they come, but, if they question working conditions, they also get fired and , well, visa invalid and next plane out of the country.

qf 1
3rd Jun 2011, 12:01
must be even harder to fill the positions when you are legally allowed not to employ people from certain middle eastern back grounds.hate to be a HR manager with this outfit:bored:

Jethro Gibbs
3rd Jun 2011, 12:27
The HR manager has just outsourced it to 2 labour hire mobs Ranstad & ALG and they are not doing any good in the search either.:eek: