View Full Version : Gmail blocked?

oct2pus
26th May 2011, 00:09
Hi

Windows 7 64-bit
Firefox 4.0.1
Latest Adblock Plus
Gmail

I've just got a new samsung laptop and have set it up with the latest firefox (4.0.1). In the last day or so I am unable to access Gmail. The site just refuses to load and i get an error message:

The connection was interrupted
The connection to mail.google.com was interrupted while the page was loading.
The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I'm running Adblock Plus but I was able to access the gmail site and log-in no problem until the last couple of days.

Web access is set up correctly as i can get to any other site - just not gmail.

I'm thinking the firewall might be blocking gmail for some reason but i can't see how to check or change the settings.

Any help would be very much appreciated...

EDIT: I've just tried accessing gmail with IE8 and it worked fine, so it's definitely something with firefox... Can't understand it as I had it working perfectly before the weekend? Have I added gmail to some sort of "blocked site" list?
J

green granite
26th May 2011, 06:42
Try disabling addblock and try again.

oct2pus
26th May 2011, 10:01
Thanks, that worked.

But i was using gmail ok a few days ago with adblock enabled.Now it seems it blocks it and i have to disable adblock for gmail to load.

Any ideas please on how adblock has "learned" that gmail is to be blocked? And how can i tell it to allow it?

Thanks in advance,

J

green granite
26th May 2011, 10:18
If you hover the mouse pointer on the addbloc symbol it gives you the options of showing blocked items on the page to see what it's blocking or if you right click on the icon you can tell it to disable it's self on g-mail.