PDA

View Full Version : Loose Ends

Manchikeri
25th May 2011, 13:06
The fact that the moderators of PPRuNe rule by divine right is not disputed.

However, the fact that there is no current thread on the BA cabin crew industrial dispute on neither the cabin crew board nor the SLF section has asphyxiated the opportunity for reasoned and objective debate, forcing people onto other, less well moderated sites.

Taking into account my opening sentence, it is perhaps time for the debate to be renewed - here, on PPRuNe.

And if the debate becomes, err, too "robust" all the moderators would have to do would be to do what they have done hitherto: to PPRuNe overly contentious comments and contributions and to throw them on the bonfire of ignominy.

What say you, contributors and moderators?

ExXB
25th May 2011, 13:18
No thank you. Try Flyertalk if you want.

Mods ----> :ok: :ok::ok: :ok:

ChicoG
25th May 2011, 13:42
What is left to debate?

There's a ballot out and it either gets accepted, in which case move along now, nothing to see here, or it isn't, in which case I honestly expect the mods to allow new threads to be open to see where it goes from here.

Right now there is nary a subject worth discussing that hasn't been wrung dry.

I would like to know when the results are expected, but that's it.

KBPsen
25th May 2011, 14:38
The thread had already been on artificial life support for far too long.

Dawdler
25th May 2011, 14:43
Apparently the results can be expected by the end of June. Although no actual date has yet been brought forth.

I tend to agree with the OP. In my view the significant statement issued the other day by Duncan Holley puts an entirely new light on his attitude to the dispute.

In answer to Chico and ExXB, there is no obligation to take part in any discussion on this forum or anywhere else.

I guess we can now expect this thread to be locked as there seems to be an embargo placed on this subject on PPrune for the time being.

TightSlot
25th May 2011, 19:39
We're all taking a break guys, that's all - When new stuff happens then we'll review the situation. Right now, it is All Quiet On The Western Front, but rest assured that hostilities will break out afresh in the future. Until then. let's all enjoy the break.