PDA

View Full Version : Dragonair's " Just Culture"

lets
25th May 2011, 12:05
Well I guess we've all had the Just Culture speech rammed down our throtes at the fleet forums over the last 6 months. We are all agreed that this is the way to go with global airline safety? who other than our local ka mob have taken this academic approach to shooting the messenger?

Let's not get mistaken, just culture has caused more stress in the ka kockpit than anything I can remember. The just culture is " dammed if I do and bloody he'll, dammed if I don't " . The just culture encourages crew to be honest and report their errors. Fine . You will not be penalized . Fine. The problem lies with the chief P . He so loves a safety culuture of paranoia, guys thinking they must report insignificant event case they get found out with the QAR. it's ridiculous .

A recent go around event that cost a guys upgrade was caused by the " just culture" How? cos the flee bag who could not remember if landing clearance was given was so concerned about the consequences of the "just culture" that he couldn't keep quiet incase his a$$ was on the line. Has anyone noticed the lack of CRM when flying with the CRM trainers?

Guys are paranoid here. They are nervous, and the monkey is on all our backs. I really pray for a change of regime at Dragonair, it so had a great safety culture but now the butters rule the roost. RIP Ka safety.