PDA

View Full Version : Logbook in German language. I can't understand, please help...

Cavalryman
25th May 2011, 11:03
Hello.

I am fighting with documentation on Piper PA-28-235 from previous operator. There are some phrases and abbreviations in German, that google can't handle. Please, could you help me.

1) There is a table with all the inspections / replacements containing "last done" and "Next due" dates / flight hours. In that table there are Brake Flexible Hoses (Flex. Schlauchleitungen - Bremse), which is to be replaced each 20 years. But there is no "last done" and next due" date. There is only mark: Halterinfo siehe Beiblatt.
In the same kind of table, corresponding to earlier checks that note about lexible hoses is following: Halterinfo lt. Befund zur JNP 006/08 vom 29.01.08 (inspection was completed at 29.01.2008). What this could mean ? Some kind of extension ?
It is interesting, that this AC passed ARC with Flexible hoses NEVER changed. Mfg. year is 1970.

2) I don't have logbooks... only those tables. How do you think is it polite to call to Maintenance/CAMO organisation of previous owner and to ask them "what is going on" ?

3) Is it true, that Owner/Operator can decline any inspection of aircraft ? Is it possible, that all those years, owner was just cancelling flexible hoses replacement ?

P.S. Piper AMM is so complicated in comparative (compare) with Cessna. Sorry, for a lot of letters... I am pissed off little bit :)

h3dxb
25th May 2011, 13:25
Cavalryman

JNP = Jahresnachpruefung = yearly inspection aka renewal of C of A

Beiblatt = additional info, there must be somewhere an Information about the performed inspection.

Normally the german inspectors are really strict, so I don't think they missed it.

Good luck

Cavalryman
25th May 2011, 13:52
Thanks, h3dxb (http://www.pprune.org/members/294815-h3dxb).

I found some sheets after that tables... in another section. Seems, like the whole folder is well organised, instead of placing all the paper randomly :)
But again, 20-year hose replacement is hidden and not mentioned, Halterinfo-list not always present after the inspection and it does not contain info I am searching. I guess, current owner will be forced to replace those...

Cavalryman
25th May 2011, 14:26
Is it possible to find somewhere old German AD's ?
For example, I can't see the following AD's even on LTA list:
74-195 (Fahrwerksschäden)
74-379 (Querruder)
76-204/2 (Zündschloss)
79-128 (Kraftstoffwahlventil)

Newer AD's are ok, but these...

grounded27
26th May 2011, 04:02
Normally the german inspectors are really strict, so I don't think they missed it.

May be the reason they seek out maintenance from a non german speaking person.

h3dxb
26th May 2011, 05:10
Cavalryman

Check here:

Airworthiness Directives v15.8.1 (http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgAD.nsf/CurrentADFRMakeModel!OpenView&Start=381&Count=200&Expand=395.84#395.84)

Cavalryman
26th May 2011, 07:02
h3dxb,

Yep, I was checking this too... found one corresponding AD: LTA 74-195 = AD 72-08-06.

Well, thanks again... now I know what to do, at least :)

P.S. By the way, what about inspections canceled by owner/operator ? Can he postpone any inspection (including AD) without any reason (just his willing) ?

LPS500
26th May 2011, 08:14
(P.S. By the way, what about inspections canceled by owner/operator ? Can he postpone any inspection (including AD) without any reason (just his willing) ?)

I would say yes it's technically possible.

For example the manufacturers maintenance recommendations need not be followed. In the UK, you can, or used to be able to, on light aircraft use the Light Aircraft Maintenance Schedule (LAMS), alternatively the local aviation authority (LBA) may have approved the use of the owners maintenance schedule. When I was working at a FAA repair station one could propose to even ignore manufacturers finite lives. Again for example, if the manufacturer said to replace the wingbolts at 2000 hours but I said I was going to mag particle inspect them every 500 hours and that was approved by the FAA, I could just do that. I don't think that would apply to the next owner, unless it was approved.

Sort of the same with AD's. Does or did the LBA mandate the state of designs AD's? Some countries issue their own AD's, and don't require you to comply with state of design. Even then the previous owner may have applied for and had approved an Alternate Means Of Compliance (AMOC).

Hope that helps, but if you don't have the logbooks proving anything I've said it will probably be a pointless battle.

Cavalryman
26th May 2011, 10:50
LPS500,

Thank you, I contacted the LBA itself today :) Fortunately, they replied me and provided with corresponding FAA AD's. One of the LBA AD's was issued by Germany and didn't contain any FAA AD.
But in general, it is clearer now.
I guess, I should just put that 20-year replacement check in the Work Order and stop trying to find some proof of that check being performed...
Owner can deffer this task at his own risk... I would do this if I was him.