PDA

View Full Version : Metrojet Hong Kong

berserker
24th May 2011, 21:01
Anyone have any info on metrojet Hong-Kong seeking C680 pilots?
Searched the net, but I dont find any useful info about this company except their own website?

Regards,

Berserker

Capt Toss Parker
25th May 2011, 06:03
You won't find much on them ... all the pilots are bound by non disclosure contracts .... but they're a good company, good pay, reasonable progression.

berserker
25th May 2011, 08:53
Ok, thanks for the info:)

toolboX11
6th Oct 2011, 23:44
Looking for anyone who lives and works in HK flying corporate that could pass some intel on to me about living and working in HK. I checked out Metrojet, Sinojet, Hong Kong Jet, Tag Asia, and BAA. I am on a mission to get over there and any info would be much appreciated!!! Thanks.

FrankR
7th Oct 2011, 01:07
don't forget about the China ops. Deerjet in Biejing is the big player.

corpjock
11th Oct 2011, 11:14
Be careful!

There's a new "Big (swiss) Cheese" and he's already driven away several directors, pilots, managers, office staff, etc. They are leaving in droves. Those he cannot scare away or p*ss off, he fires! Last I heard the chief FA and the COO both quit. Many engineers about to jump too.

Bringing in his own "yes" men.

You have been warned!

CJ

Flying Mechanic
13th Oct 2011, 09:46
HK JET is hiring, 12 G550 arriving in the next 12 months, starting pay is 160K per month for Capts.

Fokkerwokker
13th Oct 2011, 11:27
HK JET is hiring,

AOC or managed?

Flying Mechanic
14th Oct 2011, 04:35
AOC work, theres a huge charter market to be got so u need 12 a/c minimum, just look at how busy Vista Jet is.

AAIGUY
14th Oct 2011, 05:23
Metrojets busy.
I have 4 friends there, they are generally happy.

Flying Mechanic
14th Oct 2011, 07:22
Metrojet is a happy train, if you don't like it get off at the next station!

Fly747
14th Oct 2011, 12:56
FFS Av surely you can convert it yourself. Salaries quoted in HK are about right, there is such demand here for corporate pilots that you can switch jobs easily if you don't like it. There are so many aircraft here now that they're parking them on the main ramps at vast expense. I'm told that some operators are going to have to start parking at Clark and then bring the aircraft up to honkers when needed. Tough for the crews but someone has to do it! Toss?

mutt
14th Oct 2011, 13:01
Try XE - The World's Favorite Currency and Foreign Exchange Site (http://www.xe.com)

Mutt

CaptainProp
15th Oct 2011, 01:08
Does anybody know if they would consider non-rated captains against bond or other arrangements?

I would think I tick all the boxes for a job and have experience in the area, but not rated on the Gulfstream. Have had my application (and regular updates) in if for a good two years now as I am really interested in moving out to HK. No luck so far.... Anyone with some inside info? Please PM.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

CP

scooterboy83
18th Oct 2011, 03:01
120 000 Hong Kong dollars = 15 123.5761 Australian dollars

Care of Google search

Flying Mechanic
18th Oct 2011, 07:26
if u want a job in asia, myjet and twc in singapore are looking for pilots

Klimax
20th Oct 2011, 16:46
Most likely mentioned numbers are correct.
However living in Hong Kong, and in particular considering accommodation, is not cheap. This money should not necessarily be put in relation the its worth in ones home country! That being said taxation in Hong Kong is very reasonable around 16%.

Anyways just a short perspective - too keep in mind.

K.

rooted
27th Nov 2011, 09:43
:eek:corp jock is spot on, no original directors left, engineers leaving quicktime, pilots in disarrray and work force has over 1/3 turn over in less than 8 months, profits down by 10 million HK this year, all since the swiss came into town, if you want to work for airline mentality then look no further, otherwise beware, you have been warned.

chulmleigh
27th Nov 2011, 10:22
Had a look at the TWC website mentioned in a previous thread. Although operate Embraer Legacies, which I am interested in, only FAA licenced pilots required. Anyone know of operators accepting JAA licence holders in that neck of the woods operating Legacies or similar corporate jets?

jimsmitty01
20th Dec 2011, 20:57
Guys let's try and stick to the thread!

With that in mind, does anyone know what the recruitment process is like? I.e. Standard interview, sim and medical? Or is there more to it (such as maths/verbal reasoning psych. test etc)

Guess there is limited info out there because of the disclaimer in the contract. But there must be a few around who have been there and then left since...?

Does anyone also know about the promotional opportunities for FO's at Metrojet?

Thank you in advance for any info!

Metronaut
11th Jan 2012, 12:09
Metrojet was a great place for pilots. Things have changed since Bert and Ernie started running the show. The CEO is under the impression that these 2 muppets are doing a great job. In reality they have isolated 99% of the pilots into a ever growing disgruntled pilot group.

Ofcourse there are some who for their own good will bend over to take anything from B&E. Metrojet 'wanna-be model' somehow thinks that B&E are the second coming of Christ (no offence to my religious buddies). He is seen in the office almost every day trying to scratch a scrotum or two to get his command.

More to the point, B&E have recently been exposed in doing a few things that CAD will not be happy about.

Ernie (the Deputy CP) with less than 500 jet time has somehow got his hands on 4 bars. He has also been caught flying a G5 from the left when he doesnt qualify for a command position nor has he done any command training. All this while Bert (CP) sits on the right dreaming of becoming a training captain.

These 2 have not treated the pilots of Metrojet with any respect. They are corrupt and incompetent (anyone care to contribute on why Bert was kicked off the BBJ). Lets hope that the new DFO kicks these 2 fools out. Bring back JC I say!

Would anyone like to pass on today's email that exposed the antics of B&E to CAD?

CaptainProp
13th Jan 2012, 18:07
Interesting and might explain a thing or two..... Are these two involved in recruitment by any chance?

Metronaut
13th Jan 2012, 23:26
CaptainProp,

Yes, Bert & Ernie are involved in recruiting along with their sidekick who does sim support.

The DFO should take over recruiting. This way the will not be any nepotism with recruiting.

I am surprised that there havent been many comments on here about the latest antics of the CP and DCP. I know for a fact that 99% of the pilots are rallying support to get rid of B & E.

These two are a classic example of "management" pilots abuse of power.

Hopefully Sir MK will do something about this.

Jet Aviation, Tag, Sinojet and HK Jet would all be relishing this instability in Metrojet.

Watch this space.... more pilots leaving for the above mentioned companies due to their treatment by B & E.

Flying Mechanic
14th Jan 2012, 10:32
Yep all of the above reaping the benefit of Metrojets expertise, it's criminal , will take months to find descent replacements.

corpjock
17th Jan 2012, 22:38
Months? More like years!

I'm told another long time pilot and a senior engineer resigned last week.

Last one out switch the lights off!

Klimax
18th Jan 2012, 01:02
So these pilots and engineers leaving Metrojet, where do they all go? do we have any facts on this? Obviously not all of them will find an available spot with Jet Aviation or Tag Asia?

mach92
18th Jan 2012, 09:14
Many have gone to Hong Kong Jet

Metronaut
21st Jan 2012, 07:24
Its time for some unity within the pilot group if Deputy Ernie and then Bert are to be kicked out.

Suggestions (please feel free to add) to remove Deputy Ernie:

1) Do not answer any calls from him.
2) Do not respond to any of his emails.
3) No communications with him at all.
4) Let DW know your concerns about him and Bert.

ALL queries should be directed to DW thus by-passing the muppet show.

This way Berts workload will gradually increase. DW will realize that Ernie is truly a muppet and hopefully replace him/them.

corpjock
15th Jun 2012, 23:42
I paid a visit to metrojet last week. Lots of new faces in the hangar.

It seems the new upper management is now driving out the old middle management level by offering them contracts with lower positions or making their jobs impossible.

Almost all the experienced licensed engineers have gone and are being replaced by HAECO technicians who dont know a Gulfstream from a bar or soap!

The plan is to bring in several very experienced and qualified expats to oversee and sign for all the work. But potential candidates beware! You cannot be everywhere all the time and you will be pressured into signing off work you have not seen.

I wonder if Sir Michael Kadoorie knows what Mr Naf is really up to? Or is he still being fed BS by his trusted board?

Rusty Trombone
17th Jun 2012, 12:06
Oh dear it all sounds a little upsetting with the current regime. EXPATS being recruited is 100% in the middle management and senior levels.
Spreadsheets and pie charts will be the new focus. :{

demon_duck
20th Jun 2012, 11:49
Very sad indeed. It used to be a great place to work.

4SPAR
20th Jun 2012, 19:14
Feel free to PM me for BAA info.
Mike

corpjock
26th Jun 2012, 23:40
More problems for Metrojet.

Yesterdays South China Morning Post listed them as the subject of a legal proceeding initiated by Head Win Group, the owners of a Manx registered Global XRS.

I wonder what went wrong this time? :hmm:

Also hearing that the Swiss consultant/directors son has been employed in the accounts department.

No nepotism there then! :=

Metronaut
28th Jul 2012, 01:45
Dear Sir

Could you please explain the recent placement of a certain "apple-polisher" who has recently got the nod for the 550?

This decision proves that spending time under the MFO's table pays dividends. Having less than 10 hours jet command does not justify his placement on the 550. There are guys more deserving that have much more jet command that should have been given the opportunity.

Sir MK believes that the company should be run with honesty and integrity. Please run this company as Sir MK wants it to be run.

"Muscles" really has proved what kind of person he is. Way to go buddy!

ImperialxRat
17th Aug 2012, 14:28
Are there any updates about MetroJet? I see they have an ad up for a Legacy FO.. is it still going downhill? Do they upgrade from within, or is this pretty much only going to be an FO opportunity?

Not much info out there about them.

Flying Mechanic
18th Aug 2012, 07:55
yes they upgrade from with this typically takes 2-3 years, and you need 4000TT aswell for command, living in HK is not everyones cup of tea, so you got to makes sure HK lifestyle is what you want.

ImperialxRat
12th Sep 2012, 11:37
Thanks. I was tossing around the idea of visiting HK this December, and maybe swinging by the MetroJet office.

If anyone who currently works there could PM me, that would be much appreciated!

Travis

corpjock
21st Sep 2012, 04:44
It would appear the deputy maintenance manager is a bit of a bully. One of the long time stores guys didn't bow to his pressure and the poor old Eurotwat lost it! Grabbing the local employee by the collar and threatening him.

I'm told this was not the first time he has had a hissy fit. :=

It seems that a few of the EuroTrash in the management have a "dark" history.

Join at your own risk!

CJ

mach92
22nd Dec 2012, 12:29
Any updates?

Crossbleed
18th Jan 2013, 09:42
Anyone got the T&C's for new join FO?

Metronaut
4th Feb 2013, 23:58
Starts of from $85,500HKD/month and goes up to $150,000+ if you are the F/O MFO!

The requirement for F/O MFO is that you should have no idea how to operate a G450!

Getting to the point, the F/O MFO would never pass a sim evaluation in an airline nor an interview with a panel of Senior Pilots.

How is the DFO allowing for this kind of monkey to operate an aircraft at Metrojet?

Word is getting around with some owners that this guy is not suitable to be in even the right seat of any aircraft.

hawkerjet
5th Feb 2013, 15:25
what's a MFO? I'm guessing maintenance first officer, an FO with a mx license too....:}

FCS_TEST
5th Feb 2013, 15:41
Simply the Master of all FO's...:E.

A-V-8
12th Apr 2013, 03:10
Do any of you have a list of all of the HK operators?

Metronaut
19th May 2013, 14:00
The Shameless Guide to Kissing Ass and Getting Paid | Wealth Creation and Saving Strategies | OnMoneyMaking (http://www.onmoneymaking.com/the-shameless-guide-to-kissing-ass-and-getting-paid.html)

Goodshape
31st May 2013, 07:26
Dear collegue,

do you have some info about Jet Aviation HK?Good company to work?

thks

GS

Goodshape
31st May 2013, 07:28
Dear collegue

do you have any info about living in HK, housing, school for kids, etc?

thks

gs

Goodshape
31st May 2013, 16:06
Dear collegue,

looking for information regarding living in HK, housing, school for kids,etc.Do you know Jeta Aviation HK?

thks

GS