PDA

View Full Version : Dispatcher/Flight Operations Jobs outside the UK for UK resident

Cazman4
24th May 2011, 15:56
I'm hoping for some advice on trying to get a dispatch/operations job outside the UK, I'm willing to give anywhere a go although I do have a family to consider.

I have been working for Menzies at LGW since Oct10 as a PSA but have recently acquired a job as a TCO/Dispatcher which I really enjoy. I am willing to do further courses and I'm interested in all sides of Operations but I'd like to work abroad.

So;

- Is there a course that would help me achieve my goal?

- Is there a website that offers international jobs/training?

- Do any airlines/agents offer sponsership or recruit people outside of their country?

- Do any of you fine people have any helpful advice?

I would really appreciate so feedback.

Many thanks.

Fedel
25th May 2011, 22:07
Dear

Several courses for dispatchers take place most of them in USA and some in europe some also online just search on google ...

Check aviation jobs or any related

For any further assistance dont hesitate to contact me

Rgrds

britflyer
29th May 2011, 00:46
Hi,

Don't get confused with the term dispatcher as used in the UK for a TCO.:=

Dispatcher outside the UK is the term used for follows: "The dispatcher plans the flight by taking into consideration the current and forecast weather, NOTAMS (Notices to Airmen), ATC delays and severe weather avoidance plans, volcanic ash advisories, fuel requirements as well as other factors to ensure a safe and comfortable flight for the crew and passengers. Once the Captain and Dispatcher agree that the flight can be completed safely according to the flight plan, both individuals will sign a Dispatch Release".

To do this job in most places outside the UK and Europe you need a dispatchers licence like that issued by the FAA. (for more info see Airline Dispatcher FAA Certification (http://www.sheffield.com) )

The licence is what you would need (if you want a chance aganist those that have it) to work in Ops outside Europe (Middle East/Far East/USA etc).

Unless you can afford the time and money to complete the 6-7 week course which is very intensive (I have done it..! Knowledge level of ATPL.) Then try and move in to an airline Ops department in a junior roll and get experience and move thru Ops Officer to Ops Controller and get as much flight planning experience as possible as most Ops staff in UK do both flightwatch and flight planning.

Anything else you want to know just shout....I've been doing this since 1988.

Cheers/Steve