PDA

View Full Version : Suggest how and where to get an FAA ATPL

jeanjambre
23rd May 2011, 10:46
Hi to all,

I have a UK JAA ATPL, but I'm planning to get the FAA ATPL.
Does anybody can suggest me where to go to get it in the easiest and quickest time? And also some info regarding cost and flight time required?

Thanks

lk978
23rd May 2011, 11:12
www.allatp.com

riverside california, great people, nice little airport with awesome cafe and cheap hotel next door.

do the 3 day course ($2K)... even if you dont need it, its great to get the exam done no prior study required a couple of flights, i skipped the sim work as i was pretty current just used the 2 flights to get used to the area.

send me a PM and ill email you everything you need.

B200Drvr
23rd May 2011, 14:38
It also depends on whether you have any type ratings on your JAA and want them carried across, this could work out costing substantially more, but is the easiest way.

Rusty Trombone
27th May 2011, 08:43
All ATP fantastic outfit, be prepared accordingly on all your FAR and Regulations. Download the POH for the aircraft accordingly and study and enjoy the class.

Alternate if you have a JAR ATPL with a type rating, just do the written and next time you go for recurrent pay the extra for the additional FAA check ride. you will need 1500 hours in your log book for review:hmm: unlike a Frozen ATPL in europe.

FSI EGLF have the FAA test written 150GBP

good luck:uhoh: