PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic Electra's

james solomon
21st May 2011, 17:49
There are rumors circulating around that from what iv heard they are going to do something to them. Some of the rumors say they are gonna be B/U others say WFU and some say part out & scrap. So my question is what is going to happen to these aircraft. I did think they should sell one to classic flight if they are going to break up them as it would go nicely with there dc3 in the company colours

Atlantic_Conveyor
21st May 2011, 18:02
Classic flight won't be getting one. These aircraft are still worth serious money. Most of the surviving machines have been sold to Canada, for freight and firebombing. I would imagine that some will still be flying in ten years.

Atlantic, have one survivor flying and another in the shed. There are some wrecks around Cov but thy are likely to be parted out. Most of the crews have left, rather that be fired at managements time of choice.

If you have Quest channel, the episode of ICE pilots called "British Invasion," will be aired in a few months. This covers the sale of an Electra to Buffalo Airways.

With the money Atlantic made from the sale of the planes they have uhhhhhhhhhhhh? What did they do with the money?

argon18
22nd May 2011, 14:47
One of the Reeve aircraft's gone already and when I was last in Cov the other one was doing engine runs. The crew that decide to fly that have balls the size of footballs.

The 2 Atlantic Electras left will possibly be around for another year before going off to Canada but I dont think any of the crews would be surprised if they go at the end of the year. Or even next week.........