PDA

View Full Version : Bell 206B Jet Ranger and Twin Squirrel running costs

fiando
20th May 2011, 13:31
Hi there,

I am doing a research project on the cost of civilian rotary operations; focussing on film / TV and photography; plus power line inspection work.

I wonder if any of you guys could either offer me, or point me in the direction of, a break down of the running costs, per hour - both fixed and variable - for the Bell 206B and Twin Squirrel. It seems to me that these are the most prevalent types, for this sort of work.

So far, I have found a charter company in the UK offering the Bell for 700 GBP + vat; and the Twin Squirrel for 1200 GBP + vat, on an hourly hire rate. Obviously these prices have a profit margin factored in.

I could do with a more detailed break down, if anyone would be kind enough to help me with that.

Many thanks, in anticipation of your help!

fiando

fiando
20th May 2011, 15:31
Hi Um... lifting...

Many thanks for your reply. At this stage I simply want to get an idea of the running costs of each type - plus the pros and cons of each - as they both seem to be very popular.

I am not interested in running multiple types of helicopter; just want to gauge which would be the best value for money. Clearly the 206B would be the cheapest to run; but I'd need to weigh that up against the added safety of running a twin.

I know Castle Air also run AW 109s - maybe I should consider those too - hence broadening the title of this, a bit!

I'm doing a bit of market research for a customer of mine, so any information will be very much appreciated!

Many thanks again for your help!

Best regards,

fiando