View Full Version : ideas,advice,pointers 101 from the professionals

Clintonb
19th May 2011, 13:01
Wondering if anyone out there has ideas, advice or pointers maybe on how they did it when they started off their flight training or have had a friend they know come up with ideas for what I'm about to ask.
lets put visas aside and not get into that area.

We talking now before you become a flight instructor or even get the job as a flight instructor at the school.

Is there any other way of earning money at a flight school while training full time? or even better working at the school to get reimbursed with extra hours to build in return for the work that you did for them.

Any ideas on those kind of jobs there might be at the flight school that i could propose to them, cleaning the hanging, planes, admin work in the office?? Any one know of other things a student might be able to do to get some extra cash or hours to build on their flight time on their days off if and when they get the days off. i know i might be putting to much work load on myself where maybe on my days off should keep studying or resting.

I've just been thinking and looking at some options to do other work that i could do in and around the flight school if its possible to bring a bit of cash in to either use towards flight hours or just living expenses or to get flight hours in return.
As i cant do my original job as a professional athlete because that involves me having to move around the world which i cant while i do the flight training and thanks to my sponsors they been kind enough to give me the time off while i train to get my pilots license, i cant instruct diving because where my flight school is located even though they 10 mins from the ocean there are no dive schools in the area, cant do commercial dive work as i would have to relocate.

Just trying to see if anyone else has tried this before or has any pointers for me. i have thought about waiting tables but i don't think the restaurant will be to nice with me wanting flexible shifts, its more like take the shifts we give you or leave kinda deal i think. Don't think because I've mentioned money that money has to be involved I'm just trying to find a way to maybe save me money later on to get extra flight hours.

Thanks for the time and any advice I'm sure is good advice.
Safe flying

redsnail
19th May 2011, 15:24
IT, web design, cleaner, hangar slave.
Good luck. :ok: