PDA

View Full Version : CX HKG 744 crew base

CX256
17th May 2011, 20:04
Hello Can anybody answer any of these for me.

1... HKG base 744 crew fly both pax and cargo?
2... if you fly cargo as a hkg base do you get given round trips HKG DEL LHR(MAN) MXP HKG or are these given to european base crews and the same with North American crews and you just fly carco around asia?.

Thanks
CX256

crwjerk
18th May 2011, 02:45
Certain requirements must be met before you give yourself a CX pprune name!!!
You'll soon be spelling CARGO correctly if you were based in HK on the 744.

There are no HK based cargo I believe. All cargo crew are based, with passenger pilots required to fly cargo when rostered out of HK, to anywhere.

boxjockey
18th May 2011, 05:42
Except for some of those fine gentlemen who have returned as DEC on the freighter being paid substandard wages to do the same job as the rest of us.....:hmm:

box

freightdoggiedog
18th May 2011, 08:33
Yes, HKG-based 744 crew fly both freight and pax.*

On pax they fly everywhere on the 74 network, although much of it is regional unless they're on super-compact rosters. Typically on freight they will fly mostly regionally, although often F/Os will get as far as ANC or DXB/BOM/DEL, rarely further I suspect.

MD

*Box is correct (if somewhat unkind): a few HKG CNs are freight-only and on "local terms", but as as I recall they're just poor blokes who found themselves on the street after Oasis folded, and were offered "take it or leave it" HKG local terms by CX (the time-honoured "kick'em when they're down" Cathay system). I would contend that anyone -especially with a family to feed- would have accepted. Eye on the real adversary, gentlemen.

DessertRat
18th May 2011, 15:23
"Poor blokes who found themselves on the street..." - hardly.

Some had completed a full career with BA - protected throughout by the very seniority system they chose to circumvent at CX.

DECs are an insult to us all, add to the continual erosion of our T&Cs, and are hardly worth your sympathy.

freightdoggiedog
18th May 2011, 15:55
The only two HKG-based local terms freighter CNs I know well at all are ex-Oasis, so I will hold my peace on these ex-BA guys I wasn't aware of; I don't know their personal situation so I can't judge.

I suppose what I was getting at is that you can't stop someone from accepting a job if that job will improve that person's situation, even if you feel the terms aren't appropriate. Yes, perhaps said person just wants a gas-money-providing "retirement hobby" for their dreadfully expensive second warbird, on the other hand perhaps their life savings have been eroded by expensive treatment for a son's life-threatening disease... the point being unless you have the full picture it's hard to judge individuals.

What I do dislike is how this airline offers different packages to different people at different times, "kicking you when you're down" whenever possible. I realize it decreases short-term costs and, handily, "divides and conquers" us, but I still find it low.

We'll never stop people taking jobs if it will increase their own personal lot: I mean, why shouldn't a complete stranger improve their lot in life just because you or I don't agree with their T&Cs? After all, most of us currently in CX joined on B-scale, did we not? And yet by doing so we eventually allowed management to attack the A-scale and leave it withering on the vine.

Truly I wonder if there's anything we can do as current CX pilots to stop the continuous erosion of terms and conditions- not a rhetorical question, I really wonder whether we're really powerless or just don't care enough.

Anyway, sorry for the OT.

dkul
18th May 2011, 19:05
so crwjerk comes on here and blast someone for a misspelling (looks to me like a typo rather) and then proceeds to give wrong information......NICE!:rolleyes:
Anyway..there are a few cargo-only 744 crew based in HKG. As far as patterns some of the CA's from HKG and SYD get as far as MIA.

crwjerk
19th May 2011, 03:32
That's why I said " I believe"..... To open it up for somebody to correct me. OK, so there are " a few".....

broadband circuit
19th May 2011, 15:04
Pretty standard level of intellect for you CRWJERK.

I was going to ask you if you were a DEFO from Australia, then you used a few manners in your last post, so I guess you can't be.

Maheen
19th May 2011, 15:06
can any one tell me the procedure to become an air hostess in Saudi air line

Flying Phoenix
19th May 2011, 20:37
As of June, two more are being forced back to Hong Kong from their previous preferred roster port of New York. These gentlemen were not ex-Oasis, but in fact from KA and were promised by Cathay Pacific prior to resigning from KA that they would rostered out of New York infinitum. Of course this wasn't written down in their new contract, so neither the company nor the the AOA were willing to do the right thing by allowing them to continue to be rostered from their preferred port.

KA management attempted to hire DEC's onto the B744F but were thwarted by the DPA via the use of an IFALPA ban and other legal measures. This prevented a potential 50 KA First Officers losing command opportunities. However, the AOA took a different tact with respect to DEC's which speaks volumes of the lack of concern from the rank and file about the loss of commands. How times have changed from 3 years ago. Short sightedness is, and will continue to be, the bane of our profession and really we only have ourselves to blame when it comes to management taking full advantage of our collective weakness.

crwjerk
20th May 2011, 12:51
Pretty standard level of intellect for you CRWJERK.

I was going to ask you if you were a DEFO from Australia, then you used a few manners in your last post, so I guess you can't be. .

W A N K E R...............How's that for manners?

D-ENIM
20th May 2011, 13:07
Hear, hear! Well said pal. And now the PT, PD, PX routing is doing double-time throughout Europe.

D-ENIM
20th May 2011, 13:13
W A N K E R...............How's that for manners?Seemingly speaks more of the author than of the reader. :}

crwjerk
20th May 2011, 16:07
:ok:........ The only intelligent response I can think of.

b8z
21st May 2011, 20:47
Hi

Based crew fly both pax and cargo is this true and if so what do they get rostered for the most.

b8z