PDA

View Full Version : excel aiways

nunos
28th Jul 2001, 01:38
Hi u all
I'm flying to the med with 'excel airways'next week, i've never heard of the company before! anyone out there can tell me what they are like? Oh and the usual question, any chance of the jump seat? thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Manflex55
28th Jul 2001, 01:44
Yes, Sabre Airways was formed in 1994 by Goldcrest Avn with help from Air Foyle. Acquisition by Richard Branson/Virgin failed in 1998. 67% stake acquired by Cyprus-based Libra Holidays in 2000 and renamed "Excel Airways".

MF

Micra Man
28th Jul 2001, 02:51
Missed a flight to Dalaman with them last month, but got out later on a Monarch flight. After a shortened week in Turkey managed to not miss my return passage, although later I wished I did. I met an old friend (is it just me or does everyone meet someone they know whilst thousands of miles away from Blighty)in the departure lounge who was also coming home from his hols. He and his wife had flown out with Excel and were less than impressed. From the start the cabin crew were totally unprofessional and did not have a clue. My missus whos a veggie and had ordered a veggie meal was rather pissed off that she was given some kind of "chicken?" dinner as opposed to her pre ordered meat free meal. When we enquired we were told that there were no veggie meals on the flight. She was then given some free pringles and some cake type thingys. Half an hour later a stewardess came down the aisle with the veggie meal, obviously after the crips and cakes she had no appetite. The flight itself was rather pleasant but the cabin crew were so woefully under trained and seemed to me to be new to the job with no one experienced to oversee them. I hope to god that I never fly with them again as the cabin crew certainly did not excel.

This post is my own opinion. Hope thats good enough for the lawyers.

Mister Geezer
28th Jul 2001, 15:55
They operate a fleet of 737-800s as well as wet-leasing a few 767-200s from Air Atlanta.

Look at www.excelairways.com (http://www.excelairways.com)

MG :)