PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help In Oz

LowTime
17th May 2011, 10:16
Hi all,

I just got made redundant this morning for the company I worked for in the offshore side in Australia.

Does anyone know of any jobs going at the moment in Australia?

I have over 900hrs with a Coey IR & S76 endorsement, ATPL subjects complete and some other bits & pieces.

Looking for anything right now, single or twin.

Any contacts or info greatly appreciated

Cheers
LT

topendtorque
17th May 2011, 10:48
Sooner or later someone is going to ask which company you were working for so's they can chase up references. Any leads there?

LowTime
17th May 2011, 10:58
I'd give you 3 guesses but would be wasting time.

I was employed by Jayrow until this morning

:ugh::ugh::ugh:

dodgy1
17th May 2011, 12:53
Hi there Low Time,

Sorry to hear bout redundancy...but on the plus side you have the S76 time so i would get your resume registered on the CHC website. I believe they have options for you to lodge world wide and just Australia if you are not interested in travel.

Also try Bristows...not sure they have registration process but just an email contact for the HR person. A little research will let you find it. Try Helicopters Australia, they supply the co-pilots for the Esso contract down in Sale and fly S76.

Not sure of any more for the moment...will have a bit more of a think.

D1

ironchefflay
17th May 2011, 20:44
CHC were looking for up to 50 pilots, but im not sure if they have been filled or are up coming vacancies.

LowTime
17th May 2011, 21:47
Hi guys,
Thanks for your prompt replies. I have tried CHC, Bristow’s and HA all with no luck as they are not hiring right now.

To be honest I'd rather go back into GA at this point and gain further experience and the later on go back to offshore.

If anyone has any leads on that it will be greatly appreciated

Cheers

LT

Mogg
18th May 2011, 01:50
Hi LT
Three of the onshore guy’s have moved onto heliwest, flying AS 350 out of Newman. They also have BO 105 for ems and are running 212 in PNG. This might be a good way of getting some command. Have a chat to Ash Williams the cp. Just a heads up their pay and condition are NO WHERE NEAR Jayrow but they in business and Jayrow are not.
Meet some great blokes in my short time at Jayrow and I wish them all the best for the future.
Mogg

dodgy1
18th May 2011, 03:12
Hi,

After a little more research try Helistar, Parafield, Adelaide.

They have power line contract and i hear they are looking for B206 drivers.

Contact Douglas Dinan. He is CP

D1

LowTime
18th May 2011, 03:18
Hi Mogg & Dodgy1,

Thanks for the info, will be contacting both today.

You are spot on Mogg, there are some really talented and good people within Jayrow. Had a lot of fun working with them and learnt heaps.

Please keep the info coming guys as it is keeping my spirits up.

Cheers

LT

Granny
18th May 2011, 04:13
Why don't you try New Guinea operators such as Pacific Helicopters-Hevilift or Helinugini. A google search should uncover their contact details. PNG isn't everyone's cup of tea but there is a lot going on there at present.

LowTime
18th May 2011, 08:07
Hi Granny,

I will do that, I hadn't even thought about the PNG operators.

Nothing ventures is nothing gained ;)

Cheers

LT

dodgy1
20th May 2011, 08:33
Hi LT,

Did you have any luck with the contacts supplied??

D1

Nigel Osborn
20th May 2011, 13:05
Does Jayrow have any contracts left?

Heliringer
20th May 2011, 14:07
Nigel,

I was told today they still have the Capricorn Rescue Helicopter and the Port Hedland Port Authority Marine Pilot Transfer contracts. The rescue gig is a Twin/IFR and the MPT is a single engine/pilot NFVR operation. (must be the last NVFR single in Australia that goes out any distance, good luck to them:sad:)
Also the Darwin and NT stuff is going strong, as always. (due to the manager up there)

Good luck to all those affected by this.

bladepitch
21st May 2011, 01:34
Hi LT
Three of the onshore guy’s have moved onto heliwest, flying AS 350 out of Newman. They also have BO 105 for ems and are running 212 in PNG. This might be a good way of getting some command. Have a chat to Ash Williams the cp. Just a heads up their pay and condition are NO WHERE NEAR Jayrow but they in business and Jayrow are not.
Meet some great blokes in my short time at Jayrow and I wish them all the best for the future.
Mogg

NO WHERE NEAR JAYROW.... :=

You can negotiate your contract inline with what you can bring to a company/ job you are going for. heliwest pay good.

dont waste your energy calling heliwest unless you have 2000 command. you wont get a look in up north or on most of their contracts.

LowTime
22nd May 2011, 10:21
Hey dodgy1,

No luck at this point but still trying

Cheers n beers.

LT

gulliBell
23rd May 2011, 01:23
Why don't you try New Guinea operators such as Pacific Helicopters-Hevilift or Helinugini....

It's true there is a lot going on up in PNG. But for anyone considering PNG as a career option don't under-estimate the challenges. There are many ways you can come "unstuck", sometimes through no fault of your own. And it's not just low time guys who come unstuck, some very experienced pilots do too.

There are pluses and minuses for all of the operators mentioned, you get that wherever you go of course. HL are tightly wound up with client experience requirements so they are difficult to get a look in, although if you have IR and B412 that is helpful. Pacific have a dreadful pilot retention problem at the moment, they've lost 6 or so pilots in the past few months and you can draw the obvious conclusions about that. Regrettably they've also had 3 or 4 helicopters fall out of the sky in the past 3 years resulting in write-offs, and many close calls. From what I hear, piloting had nothing to with it, although piloting in all but one case resulted in fortunate outcomes. HN have been having a rough time of it, but from what I hear things might be turning around for them. Worth a look, especially if you're from NZ.

For anyone finding themselves up there one thing is for sure, you're guaranteed to find some eye opening experiences!

jackx123
23rd May 2011, 05:22
try aramco (saudi), gulf helicopters (qatar) and also abu dhabi they have found new fields and are recruiting.

G u l f H e l i c o p t e r s . c o m (http://www.gulfhelicopters.com/ghc/english/operations.html)

http://www.pprune.org/archive/index.php/t-262980.html

Abu Dhabi Aviation (http://www.adaviation.com/employ-pilot-req.html)

gulliBell
23rd May 2011, 09:56
You can probably strike out Aramco from that list for the OP. The experience starting point to get hired there is in the order of 3500 flight hours and an FAA ATP certificate.