PDA

View Full Version : Hainan A330/340 DEC (contract) NA, Can, Aus base.

SMOC
17th May 2011, 08:59
A340/330 Captains- COMMUTING CONTRACT - 1401170411 - Flight Jobs (http://www.flightglobal.com/jobs/job/a340330-captains-commuting-contract-berlin-1401170411.htm)

Flying Phoenix
17th May 2011, 18:39
Thus far, Hainan Airlines has had incredible difficulty in attracting qualified pilots for the A330 and A340. For one, the promise of a base is false. Once you join, you are based in Beijing and can operate to and from your preferred port - a big difference than actually being based at your home port and operating to and from Beijing. In fact, the whole contract is full of promises which they (the company and the broker) don't keep. In Beijing the pilots get put up in one star accommodations called the 'Crew Hotel.' Good news though, they get to keep the same room, so many guys have turned them into de-facto apartments. I'm not sure if things have changed in the past year, but from what I was told (again by a Hainan pilot) they only get a one week roster to plan their life around. I could go on but I won't. Unless you are totally desperate, I would stay away from Hainan at any cost, at least until they get serious about changing their ways.

Outtahere
16th Jul 2011, 05:12
You probably won't get a reply from current Hainan pilots- they don't have internet access in the crew 'hotel'. That should tell you something.

There are superior packages available in China for experienced pilots.

A-3TWENTY
18th Jul 2011, 11:25
Whatever is your decision , go with GPS (Broker)

Flying Phoenix
18th Jul 2011, 17:14
Why GPS? Is it run by pilots, for pilots? If so, where do I sign? If not, then I would hazard a guess that they are no better or worse than the others.

airdualbleedfault
22nd Jul 2011, 13:00
They are a pack of :mad: liars !! They will tell u anything to get u there ( Inc most of the recruitment outfits ), by that time it will be too late and it will be " welcome to your own private hell "
Do some research and don't say you weren't warned !

hongkongfooey
26th Dec 2011, 11:37
Go to the south Asia forum, read the numerous reports about Hainan, ignore them, and join the ranks of the 100s screwed over by Hainan.
Happy new year.

inbdspoilr
26th Dec 2011, 18:23
I have found the other forum with some good info. Thanks.