PDA

View Full Version : B737's DDG and DDPG of AMM part2

DongJoon Choi
17th May 2011, 04:05
My question is Why the maintenance procedures in DDG and DDPG of AMM part2 is different, and although DDG requires only a operation action(O), Why does DDPG ask for a maintenace action?

B737's DDG has both operation procedure(O) and mainteance procedure(M).
DDPG of AMM part2 also have a maintenace procedure and most procedures in DDG and DDPG OF AMM part2 for maintenance action are almost the same but not exactly the same. WHY?

In addtion, some maintenance actions(M)required by DDG do not include a procedure but DDPG of AMM part2 shows the procedure.

For example, B737-800's DDG 22-9 requires a maintenance technician to verify that both speed trim systems operate normally and advise flight crews that both systems have been tested. However it do not show a procedure to verify the systems work properly although DDPG shows the procedure

Also, DDG 30-4 shows that to verify a engine anti-ice valve operates correctly, only flight crews(O) check the valve by using EGT,
although DDPG of AMM part2 requires maintenance people to check the valve with EGT as well. There is not any reference to (M) in DDG 30-4

Company's MELs are made with MMEL and DDG.
Many maintenance mechanics offen refer to only MEL to defer maintenance because they believe that it includes all required
maintenance actions(M)

I think it can cause mechanics to miss procedures required by DDPG of AMM part2 and spend more time seeking a procedure in DDPG, NOT in DDG, when deferring maintenance.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/wink2.gif
How do you think??

mainwheel
17th May 2011, 05:46
Could a M action be something like disconnecting a plug, or fitting a blank, something where tools are involved.............have a look at others that require M action.......

yasay
20th May 2011, 03:44
Hallo
do you know if is "only" in a boeing manuals or may be in others AMM like airbus? i don't can check now..but is intresting to know!!

anyway, my two cents, in some case i hadn't found an item that after i had found on others mm sections. ( customerized items...like HF, like S.B...) or in the MMEL...:ugh:
chears

born1987
3rd Jun 2011, 08:22
mel just tell you that with what limitation you can release the aircraft.for eg if there is fault light in pax 1 then mel will tell that you can release aircraft if altitude maintained at less than 1000ft and with cargo doors empty,and your ddpg tell you what maintenance action require to release the aircraft.for eg:do bite test and shut off apu bleed for pax 1 and ddg tell you operation procedure for pilot,that what they need to do during mel for same.

DongJoon Choi
4th Jun 2011, 04:37
Hi born1987,

Thanks for your reponse. I agree with your reply. However, there is also (M)maintenance procedures in DDG.

I think there is another philosophy.