PDA

View Full Version : Mulhouse-Habsheim A320 Report

ECAM_Actions
16th May 2011, 15:34
Hi,

No this is not yet ANOTHER thread on this topic. I was just reading an article that stated:

Acting on Mr. Asseline's request, the renowned Institute of Police Forensic Evidence and Criminology (IPSC) of Lausanne (Switzerland) examined documents from the crash and the trials and concluded that the black box of the aircraft had been switched after the accident.
Anyone know where to find this report? I can only find people talking about the report, not the report itself.

ECAM_Actions
16th May 2011, 17:04
Hi Jazz,

Thanks for the link, but I'm looking for the Institute of Police Forensic Evidence and Criminology report, not the air accident report into the crash.

mannej
17th May 2011, 08:24
Slightly O/T, but it has been stated that Capt Asseline has been flying in Australia.
If this is true, which airline is he flying with or has he flown with?

ECAM_Actions
17th May 2011, 12:10
I've seen both photos. I have no idea how they concluded they were different recorders, because the strips look the same to me. In other words, there was no switch, no difference, and therefore no cover-up.
They say the camera never lies... :}

If the report was retracted, then fair enough!

ECAM Actions.

WilyB
18th May 2011, 12:28
Acting on Mr. Asseline's request, the renowned Institute of Police Forensic Evidence and Criminology (IPSC) of Lausanne (Switzerland) examined documents from the crash and the trials and concluded that the black box of the aircraft had been switched after the accident.

ESC UNIL -*En bref (http://www.unil.ch/esc/page15475.html)

The IPS claims on its web page to "as a side of its (core) business, (to be) engaged in expert opinion when requested by the Courts, and usually mandated by judges or any other power Inquisitor Swiss or foreign."

I wonder if IPS would have accepted a request by M. Asseline.

werewolf
18th May 2011, 14:44
" A State lie " : Un mensonge d'Etat (http://jacno.com/)
this man was a pilot, he told his truth about Airbus accidents, against Air France, Airbus industries, French AAIB truths ...., fired from his job, blacklisted everywhere ...
Now without a job, searched by police, living like a tramp, from friendly places to another ones ...
Lunatic or not ?

Jig Peter
18th May 2011, 15:02
Yes, it was said that Mr. Asseline was flying for an Australian company (dunno which one), using his FAA licence as the French authorities had cancelled his French one. BUT as soon as they heard about his Australian flying, the French authorities told the FAA about his problems in Europe and their subsequent actions, and I believe that the FAA did some cancellation of their own.
(The above from memory, with no references ... it was a looooong time ago !).

longer ron
19th May 2011, 17:57
" A State lie " : Un mensonge d'Etat
this man was a pilot, he told his truth about Airbus accidents, against Air France, Airbus industries, French AAIB truths ...., fired from his job, blacklisted everywhere ...
Now without a job, searched by police, living like a tramp, from friendly places to another ones ...
Lunatic or not ?
18th May 2011 13:28

Errr...he screwed up big time...there is an excellent thread about Habsheim - I would suggest you read some of it...especially the posts by knowledgable people...they stand out a mile !

The truth is often much more mundane than the press would have you believe !!

The A/c systems appear to have worked correctly and engines take time to 'spool up' from idle - he may have been blacklisted but it was his own fault - most of us have made mistakes whilst flying and putting the blame on all and sundry does not change the root cause(s)

rgds LR