View Full Version : CATS Luton vs Shoreham Flying Time

737-NG
16th May 2011, 14:09
Hey there been wanting to know if anybody here has been to either one of these schools for ATPL theory (FULL-TIME classroom) within the last twelve (12) months. They both offer a 3 module breakdown which is ideal for me but I'd like to know how the class is structured ; lectures, CBT, and most importantly books and teachers. Thanks in advance.

737-NG
20th May 2011, 08:16
Anybody you guys??

VarigMD11
20th May 2011, 08:51
Hi there

I just finished a distance learning course with CATS and my overall impression has been positive.

I talked to some of the full time guys and they are also happy to be there. Because the classes are small you get a lot of 1 on 1 time with the instructors. Dan, Stuart and Simon all know what they are talking about and are a really nice bunch of guys.

They mainly use power point slides, but also models and handouts to explain things. They do a lot of question papers which is nice. For the price, I would definately say that is more value for money compared to some of the other schools out there.

Luton is not great, but its convenient and cheap. Theres free parking at the school, also a little coffee shop on the premisses.

Hope this helps!

737-NG
20th May 2011, 09:10
Thanks Varig I was wondering about the instructors whether or not they were really there all day to help you out. Plus the time frame is said to be 5 months for the In-House and 9 months for the Distance Learning, based on 15 hours a week study. That seems pretty short for me as all the other providers do it over 6 months F.T. and about 12 months more or less D.S.!

Airbus319
6th Jun 2011, 08:51
I'm full time at flying time just now, the courses are structured as per the website. You start at 0830 every morning and finish at 1700. They have 2full time instructors both of whom are very experienced and helpful. Class sizes are small and that suits me fine.

If you need any more info pm me

737-NG
6th Jun 2011, 15:30
Thanks Airbus the one thing that worries me the most about Shoreham is actually accomodation, it looks awfully expensive!?

Loxpot
12th Jun 2011, 17:18
CATS Luton is an excellent place for studying in a modern business complex. The CATS staff are excellent and get everyone through the exams. However, coffee is very expensive, currently £1.70.

737-NG
13th Jun 2011, 21:15
I don't drink coffee :rolleyes:

Loxpot
15th Jun 2011, 00:13
Bad skills, I can see you're going to be fun. :hmm: