PDA

View Full Version : United Info

Terrey
15th May 2011, 22:27
Just after a bit of info on United, if anyone can help.

Do you have and pilot bases outside the USA or do you have FA bases outside the USA?
Someone is trying to tell me they are a United Pilot, based in Bangkok and flying both the 777 and the 744.

Sounds far fetched to me.

Thanks
:=

Airspeedintervention
16th May 2011, 03:18
There are several Flight Attendant bases outside of the USA. There are no pilot bases outside of the USA. There is a trip on the 777 that leaves out of Hong Kong and goes down to Vietnam, I am not sure about any flying into Thailand though. There is currently a rumor circulating that some kind of a pilot base MAY come into being in Hong Kong but that is currently only a rumor.

tu154pilot
19th May 2011, 16:11
As a UAL pilot, let me assure you that there are NO foreign pilot bases. On occasion, we have had pilots based overseas on a TDY (Temporary Duty) basis, but since the LHR 727 days, nothing has been permanent (and in all cases, the pilots have been US citizens). Finally, there has never been a BKK pilot base (we had a cabin crew domicile at one point), and we do not qualify our pilots on both the 747 and 777 at the same time (closest is gets is the 757/767 and A319/A320). Hope that helps!