View Full Version : Work Experience please

SvensKingPower
15th May 2011, 19:19
Can somebody please help, really desperate now as its only 8 weeks away. Have tried local airfields and can't get in, EMA can only have 1 and they received around 100 applications. Would prefer commercial aviation rather than just general but being as some airlines haven't replied or can't do it I dont have much hope. Preferably at East Mids or Birmingham if anyone has any suggestions or offers? Even the RAF cant offer a place

Milton1995
15th May 2011, 21:14
Personally i have done a few great things with regards to work experience, be sure to check out flybe's scheme, cant remember the bases ( I was at SAM if i remember rightly)
In all honesty there is not an awful lot one can do, i tried all handling agents, ground based companies and feesable airlines at LGW, LHR, STN and so many others, alot of it is security minded so there isnt alot to do. ( i assume this applies to all airports, although i dont know for sure, perhaps size makes a difference?)
I found ATC units to be particularly accomodating, so that could be a route for you!

pudoc
15th May 2011, 21:51
I tried every organisation I could find and the only work experience I could get was working for an airport transfer company. Although I was given an afternoon in the tower. As said, ATC units are usually very helpful.

Don't set your sights to high though, I wouldn't hold out on any airlines. They're bad enough at getting back to potential employees.

NDW
17th May 2011, 12:04
I know you mentioned that you would prefer Airline Work Ex., but when I did mine at my local Airport, I worked for a small Flying School which was fantastic. I even got 3-4 Flying lessons / Back seat flights :ok:

Without sounding pessimistic, it may be your only option?

Best of Luck.