View Full Version : DGCA Type rating requirements

rahulred5
15th May 2011, 09:25
Hey guys was wondering if anyone could point me to the official dgca requirements for type ratings like hours , tests required etc. Tried searching their painful website but cant find it.

Thanks

naughtyjay
16th May 2011, 02:55
A CONFIRM JOB ... !!!!! :ugh::ugh:

arnd 200 of 737 pilot n 130 of 320 pilots jobless.... !!!!

PEC
16th May 2011, 05:41

Not to mention 60-70 ATR TypeRated ones too.

captjns
16th May 2011, 11:58
Do you plan on operating on your FAA Certificate? Do you have a job offer from a carrier or private operator in India?

If you are going to be working in India on a temporary basis, then you can obtain a Foreign Aircrew Temporary Authorization (FATA).

http://dgca.nic.in/misc/draft%20cars/D7G-G2%20-%20FATA.pdf

You will have to sit for the Air Law Exam and submit to a medical conducted by the Indian Air Force too.

PEC
16th May 2011, 13:30
If you are going to be working in India on a temporary basis, then you can obtain a Foreign Aircrew Temporary Authorization (FATA).

I doubt whether the OP can do this since i believe he is Indian.

rahulred5
17th May 2011, 12:55
Thanks for the replies although I still haven't got the answer. To all those who are telling me about jobless CPL's and "do you have a job" , I have higher licenses than just a cpl and much more hours than 250 hour cpl's.

Secondly yes I have a confirmed job if I do my type rating. This is the reason why I wanted to know the dgca's exact type rating requirements because I was always wondering why the normal FAA 320 type is just 12,000$ while the DGCA compliant type is 18,000$ +

PEC
17th May 2011, 15:13
I have higher licenses than just a cpl and much more hours than 250 hour cpl's.
Let me guess - An FAA ATPL with bare minimum piston engined hours.
Holds no value my friend - My logbook speaks a similar story, but wasnt valued at all for my first airline job in india!

Secondly yes I have a confirmed job if I do my type rating
Another guess - Kingfisher! ....father/uncle working as a hotshot i bet.

Mr Rahul with confirm job,,, ur TR requirements will be mentioned on the NOC... !!!
also having a higher lic does not have a value here.... but having even 100Hrs on jet engine will give u a priority
+1 naughtyjay. Well said.

harsh786techy
17th May 2011, 17:34
Mr Rahul..

The best place to ask for DGCA Type Rating requirements is DGCA.
Please write them(DGCA FID) an application for your NOC for the a/c you have a confirmed job on...

It is DGCA who decides the syllabus.

If you mean nominal requirements, for applying are basic Multi IR endorsed Indian CPL.

rahulred5
18th May 2011, 01:34
if u r so confident abt ut job status... u need not have started a topic ... just go n do a TR...

First of all nobody invited you to this topic if you are so worried about my "job status" and my flight hours. This is a topic about a type rating and I wanted to get info from someone who knew about the requirements. You have zero idea about my previous work experience or my current job. I would suggest actually improving your zero to hero 250 hour CPL instead of worrying about my job status which seriously is none of your business.

Finally with your txtspk I doubt any airline would hire you.

rahulred5
18th May 2011, 01:36
The best place to ask for DGCA Type Rating requirements is DGCA.
Please write them(DGCA FID) an application for your NOC for the a/c you have a confirmed job on...

It is DGCA who decides the syllabus.

If you mean nominal requirements, for applying are basic Multi IR endorsed Indian CPL.

Thank you Mr Harsh. I did not know that DGCA gives the requirements on a case to case basis.

flight517
18th May 2011, 19:58
i am not trying to be rude or something.....but do you have any statistics to back it up with??

naughtyjay
19th May 2011, 06:19
yes, HR dept of 2 diff airline operating 737 n 320, which have recently cross checked application for hire... !!!
737 can be more thn 200 also...