PDA

View Full Version : Airtanker

kingstonboy
14th May 2011, 17:23
Gentleman, just curious , having read,perused the website WHY WOULD YOU!!!! or am i being incredibly naive. Lessmoney , mil bureaucracy ,nil perks(private health,dental,pension,salary protection,group perks, STAFF TRAVEL etc)positives the apparent job security,the usual mil predilection for mick taking and now i am struggling, who other than recently leaving 20+ year chaps living locally (or unable to move on) and the still serving looking to escape !! who would want work for this company .
For the currently serving the A330 is a very popular type out here ! and generally generates halfway decent salaries with serious opportunities.
A very good friend of mine has been heavily involved in a segment of this project (conversion process in Spain) and he relates with humour and much glee the sublimely succinct and troublefree experiences.

Fargoo
14th May 2011, 18:14
What the hell is "prederilection"?

Airtanker role suits some not others, why do you care so much?

kingstonboy
14th May 2011, 18:27
inherent mindset ! just a question ? informative ( that means reasoned) responses gratefully recieved ,did i hit a nerve ? No disrespect mentioned or intoned just a question?

Rigga
14th May 2011, 19:54
KB,

Did you get through your training with such an intimate knowledge of texting? Did/do you manage any written entries into Tech Logs in proper English?

Your style of writing gives me the impression that more than just pilots should be tested for their knowledge of the English language.

RetiredF4
14th May 2011, 20:24
You might find answers here (http://www.pprune.org/military-aircrew/425149-airtanker-reservist-pilots.html)

Last edited by kingstonboy; 14th May 2011 at 18:35. Reason: spelling

By the way, what did you change / edit?

franzl

Fargoo
14th May 2011, 20:52
No nerves hit, your post looked more like a difficult to read rant than a question.

It's not an attractive job for me but as a retirement job (5-10 yrs max) if I was out of work it'd look pretty good.

Not too keen on spending my days polishing the hangar floor and looking busy until the aircraft start rolling in, even less keen on the semi-military conditions either. Suits some, not others.

ironchefflay
14th May 2011, 22:52
having to do ccs/fitness tests etc, be availabe for guard duties?

i have to agree, why would anyone do this? you may as well still be in the millitary.

licensed engineer is not equivelant of sgt or C/T. neither can raise lims or ADD's, thats just one reason in my mind! there are many more!

if you havent read the sponsored reservist remit, then you should. its a joke and should be treated as such by all licensed engineers. then maybe they will learn they cant offer what they are and have us all come running! and that should go for everyone even unemployed. unemployed doesnt mean 'take the piss out of me'

kingstonboy
15th May 2011, 15:02
Rigga,
Texting? new fangled can`t stand predictive trying to outhink me, as for signing logs, much depends on the company and whichever of the multitude of types i currently hold that the CRS is being issued upon.:O
However very little requirement in current times for correctly executed Queens English as ,noted with thanks,ops chk satis,pls report further and other similar vague responses :cool: brevity is King.(especialy if you have to then type everything you ,or anybody else for that matter,transcribed to the logs verbatim)
As for training well lets simply say it was started by HM Forces and has since been enhanced outside,quite succesfully if i may say.

Fargoo,
i concur 100% with your response .

RF4,
Guess i should have used search functions, thanks. i misspelt predilection
an additional r sneaked in i think.

ironchefflay,
Also agree but am not sure if mortgage time comes around (and it does)that if unemployed the adage "its easier to look from within than without " springs to mind.
Thanks for the replies Gents.:ok:

Fargoo
15th May 2011, 16:07
So, the question begs - when do you start? :ok:

kingstonboy
15th May 2011, 16:54
when hell freezes over! been there done some of that got the T-shirt is my obvious response, my current mob is not perfect ,sometimes in fact it seems a long way from it, but it must be pretty close to the best available in the UK all things considered.
Only asked the question after a discussion in the car after work yesterday sparked my interest.After viewing the website curiosity got the better of me ! what can i say