PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded R44 to EC120: any tips

nellycopter
14th May 2011, 17:18
Apart from open ya wallet more often, does anyone have any pointers ?
Things to avoid (apart from the obvious hot start)
Things to keep a special eye on ?
Or just general comments from 120 pilot / owners ?

Cheers

Nelly

CRAZYBROADSWORD
14th May 2011, 17:35
yeah don't get one, wait for the 66 instead

Final
14th May 2011, 17:54
Won't the ec will still have a much better rotor?

Flyting
14th May 2011, 18:20
http://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/150069-ec120.html

firebird_uk
14th May 2011, 19:42
Don't use 100LL

nellycopter
14th May 2011, 22:18
Ah I have read through a lot of the ec 120 thread,
There as always seems to be a lot of skit from poeple that havnt even flown one !

After a week of owning it and 40knott winds today I can say I am very very I I'mpressed with it !

moosp
15th May 2011, 05:40
Check your PM's from one who has done the transition..

nellycopter
15th May 2011, 06:44
Hi guys

I hope the moderator sees that I am just after info and not attempting to pitch a sale here ?

I privately own a nice low hour 44 and need to move it on again privately the machine is vat paid in the Uk and would make a fellow pilot very happy indeed for someone that is looking, for a machine of this sort.

Where would be the best place to put the advert ?
As your not allowed on forums like this one ?

Nelly

TiPwEiGhT
15th May 2011, 11:49
Helidata is a good start! Quick google will get you the details, if it's still on the go.

That lights normal!
15th May 2011, 13:40
Don’t become complacent on the starts. The beautifully clean burning engine seems to be a bit random on how fast/hot it gets during start. No problem, but it has caught lot’s out (judging by engine replacements). I always initiate the start on the “safe” side of the electric idle stop. (after testing it, to get it back on the safe side.)

Not overly powerful and has an excellent memory re exceedances.

Fly it intelligently power wise – i.e. the opposite of approaching with a high ROD/low IAS, letting it yaw left , as you arrest the descent, and then kicking it straight (Boot a bit of R peddle and watch the FLI {when there is plenty to spare})

I love flying them. (But if it was my money I’d buy an AS350, even a “straight B”).