PDA

View Full Version : TT Cadets

flapsupdown
13th May 2011, 21:55
Heard a rumour that the new cadets joining the company from the TT course (4 weeks course) will get upgraded to JFO in a shorter amount of time than a "regular" SO. Has anyone heard this as well??

What would happen to the seniority list?? Any guesses??

SweepTheLeg
14th May 2011, 00:38
Well with 2 SO long haul coming, I guess you mean upgrade at 6 years instead of 8???

Most will be long gone by then anyways

Fly747
14th May 2011, 06:17
As far as any seniority list is concerned the most important thing is to get on it. A few places lost even by a day or two can lead to much frustration years down the line and $$$ lost.

WaldoPepper
16th May 2011, 03:20
I think what you might be referring to is that a few years ago, people were given the chance to join FTA in Adelaide as instructors. On completing the instructor course, they were given a CX seniority number. They had to complete a certain number of months working in ADL (maybe 2.5 years?) then they come straight to HKG as DESO with the seniority number they had 2.5 years ago.

So in that case they would upgrade earlier than a DESO who arrived in HKG on the same day.

Cpt. Underpants
16th May 2011, 03:56
people were given the chance to join FTA in Adelaide as instructors. On completing the instructor course, they were given a CX seniority number. They had to complete a certain number of months working in ADL (maybe 2.5 years?) then they come straight to HKG as DESO with the seniority number they had 2.5 years ago

True, but Cathay recently tore up their contracts and reneged on a significant section on the contract wrt expat T&C. 19 pilots promised full expat T&C were told that they would be joining on local terms. "Sorry. Take it or leave it."

VR-HFX
16th May 2011, 04:46
Except the one with a name that sounds like Woody Allen's ex-wife that is getting a direct entry F/O gig.

SMOC
16th May 2011, 06:53
Direct entry F/O gig with who?

VR-HFX
16th May 2011, 13:33
Chicken Wings...who else?

SMOC
17th May 2011, 03:22
I take it you mean CX (brush wing).

I find it highly doubtful. With KA maybe as a DEFO as that's what all their cadets do.

chiq
17th May 2011, 09:45
VR-HFX...I feel so special...a mention in PPRuNe already!

To set you straight a bit (and others who might be jumping to conclusions)....
-yes I did get hired at Cathay
-I did not apply for nor am I "getting a direct entry F/O gig."
-Nor am I a cadet or flight attendant. (just in case anyone else was wondering)
-all the recent pilot hires floating around the building I've met have all come through the cadet program.

Feel free to pop by the cbt this week and say hi! and introduce yourself (I'm sure you can figure out who I am).

:ok:

VR-HFX
17th May 2011, 12:02
Chiq

My apologies for assuming you came via the TT. No axe to grind as I am too old to be anything but a bewildered observer of all the nonsense that goes on in the company these days.

Good luck and hope you can calm some of the feathers that appear to be ruffled in the S/O group.

Out of town but next time I am dragged kicking and screaming into the sim building I will say hello.

Air Profit
17th May 2011, 12:30
The 'kindergartenisation' of the airline continues. Baby pilots with 250 hours, in charge of an airliner with 300 plus pax (when the FO is in the toilet) is a recipe for disaster. When are we going to hire DEFO's again? :ugh:

chiq
17th May 2011, 12:59
VR-HFX --no worries...I had a bit of a laugh when I heard about the post
The only reason I replied was to stop the rumor early :)

Kicking and screaming?? :eek: The sim building isn't THAT bad!

elgringo
18th May 2011, 06:07
you haven't been here long enough...give it time...you will learn to hate it