PDA

View Full Version : Another tail clip, 737 against 737

Nightrider
13th May 2011, 07:33
At Hartsfield Jackson International Airport, Delta 552 (Boeing 737) ariving from Tegucigalpa, Honduras, with 50 passengers and 5 crew members taxiing to its gate when its wing clipped the tail of Delta 566, also a Boeing 737, which had just arrived from Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic waiting on the taxiway waiting to enter its gate. Luckily no one hurt....

scanhorse
13th May 2011, 09:27
ATLANTA -- A Delta Air Lines Boeing 737 clipped the tail of another Delta 737 Thursday evening on the runway at Hartsfield Jackson International Airport, WXIA-TV reported.
Delta flight 552 was taxiing to a gate after arriving from Tegucigalpa, Honduras when its wing clipped the tail of Delta flight 566, which had just arrived from Dominican Republic and was sitting in the taxiway waiting to pull into a gate.

Read more: Two Delta planes clip each other on runway in Atlanta - NYPOST.com (http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/two_delta_planes_clip_each_other_4qbe4P6PfzhDZo2cVIEpUM#ixzz 1MDsz9ZNU)

Best Regards

HeadingSouth
13th May 2011, 09:46
'tis gonna be interesting who's being the target for the blame this time. No french involved cette fois...
In addition I'm expecting many comments to surface about Delta's safety culture...

Agaricus bisporus
13th May 2011, 09:51
Luckily no one hurt....

I'm stretching my imagination to think how anyone could possibly be hurt by the aviation equivalent of a car-park bumper-scrape...

Big deal!

Checkboard
13th May 2011, 09:58
Don't stretch your imagination, Agaricus - watch the youtube video of the A380 incident, and see how violently an aircraft can move in a "tail scrape" :rolleyes:

... or are you one of the passengers who undoes their seat belt and stands up for their luggage as the aircraft taxies off the runway? :cool:

Reinhardt
13th May 2011, 11:04
Now I'm expecting the same ant-Delta and anti-american comments as the anti-Air france and anti-french ones I read on this forum after the JFK incident.....

Smoketrails
13th May 2011, 11:26
@ Checkboard,

Anything will look violent at 2x the speed!

Checkboard
13th May 2011, 11:41
Indeed the security vid was sped up - but that plane moved a loooong way.

smith
13th May 2011, 13:05
Now I'm expecting the same ant-Delta and anti-american comments as the anti-Air france and anti-french ones I read on this forum after the JFK incident.....

It's ok Delta are part of the Air France group now anyway so we can still bash the French :eek:

oceancrosser
16th May 2011, 17:29
Maybe the "offending" 737 capt is from Louisiana, that would make French bashing pretty valid...